No announcement yet.

500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98. Best's Hot Dogs I don't know how widely available these are, or if they're a local/regional thing around here. But as far as store bought hot dogs are concerned, Best's are . . .well. . . best. Boar's Head comes the closest, & Nathan's makes a decent showing as well (although the latter's casings tend to bea bit thick at times, which kinda grosses me out). But Best's are consistent, with a nice level of spice to them, and a good "snap" when you bite into them. If I'M runnin' the grill, this is what we're eatin'.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Yep... you can get them in Philly.

And you are 110% right... which means I can backtrack 10% and still be 100% behind you. They taste like Hebrew Nationals used to taste.

Comment

• That reminds me that I had a brand called Shofar once, that tasted EXACTLY like Best's, but I haven't seen them since.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Now I want hot dogs AND brownies, and I'm not even stoned!
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• 99. Italian Coldcut Sub
            My freshman year of college, I worked in a Wawa. I used to have people ask me my schedule, so they knew when to come in, so I could make them an Italian. Here's how I made mine:
            Slice that nice long crusty italian sub roll open, but not completely in half. Spread mayo on (or oil and vinegar if that's how you roll, I'm a mayo guy). Next, three hearty slices of Provolone Cheese. Throw down a layer of Capricola Ham. Next a layer of Genoa Salami. Then a layer of Pepperoni. Now, some good garlicy pickle chips (shut up haters), and a couple of green pepper stips. Top it off with a light sprinkling of shredded lettuce, salt, pepper, oregano, and parmesan cheese. Nom.
            "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
            - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
            http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
            http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• fuck.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
                99. Italian Coldcut Sub
                My freshman year of college, I worked in a Wawa. I used to have people ask me my schedule, so they knew when to come in, so I could make them an Italian. Here's how I made mine:
                Slice that nice long crusty italian sub roll open, but not completely in half. Spread mayo on (or oil and vinegar if that's how you roll, I'm a mayo guy). Next, three hearty slices of Provolone Cheese. Throw down a layer of Capricola Ham. Next a layer of Genoa Salami. Then a layer of Pepperoni. Now, some good garlicy pickle chips (shut up haters), and a couple of green pepper stips. Top it off with a light sprinkling of shredded lettuce, salt, pepper, oregano, and parmesan cheese. Nom.
                I present to you The Godmother courtesy of Bay Cities Deli in Santa Monica. Bryan might be able to back me up on this one, but if not dude you have to try it. It don't look like much at first glance, but it is one scrappy fucking sandwich. Just the picture alone is making me salivate. Gotta hit them up soon.

"Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• 100. The Godfather Sub at Colonna's

When I find myself having to pick up a quick sandwich & bring it back to the office for whatever reason in lieu of going out, I head over to Colonna's. As do a metric shitload of other people in the area. this place is loved, and a large part of (but by no means the only) the reason why is the Godfather. A big, fat Italian coldcut sub "You can't refuse". Ham, cappicolla, prosciutto, pepperoni & salami w/ lettuce, tomatoes & O & V (I hold the onions & add mustard, but that's just me). An effort to fiunish one, lemme tell ya. Sometimes the O & V drip all out of the sandwich and onto the plate. Oh, damn! Guess I'll just have to dip my sandwich in it & soak it back up. Even better, when the mood strikes, w/ hot peppers. I've never had a better Eye-talian sub anywhere.

Comment

• Yeah I hear bay cities is the truth...but for fuck's sake everysinglefuckingwannabefoodie is there all the fucking time. The line is stupid dumb, can stand Joe Fucking Public and I hate waiting in line even worse. One day I will pay a hobo to wait in line and buy me a sandwich, in return I will give him a four loko (no sandwich).
                    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister B View Post
                      I will give him a four loko (no sandwich).
                      I'll do it.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Come over to the four loko thread and teach me the ways.
                        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Keep those damn pickles, mayo and peppers off of that otherwise perfect cold Italian sub, Miller!
                          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Is that an angry red emoticon telling me to fuggedaboutit?
                            "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                            - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                            http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                            http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• It is indeed, sir!

Comment

• Y'know, considering how much I LOVE pickles, I just can't get into them on cold samdwiches. I thought when they came out Vlasic sandwich stackers would be the Next Great Thing in Sandwiches. But I found I really didn't like them. Go figure. I love Honeycomb cereal, too. Until you actually add milk to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X