500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88. Beignets.

Sure, funnel cake is more accessible year-round for most.

But these are sexier motherscratchers, always making funnel cake look like the cheap whore with the overactive sweat glands that it is.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• 89. Vermont Sharp Cheddar Cheese

For some reason, this tastes even better in white than in orange varieties for some reason, even though I know the annato they use to color the cheese adds no flavor to it. Or so they claim. But I had my 1st taste of thiss tuff when I was in college, back in like 90 or 91. A classmate of mine was from VT, and he came back from X-mas break w/ a bit of VT white cheddar. NOw, keep in mind this was before it was widely available. Before Cracker Barrel made a version, and before Cabot Creamery cheeses were available in seemingly every dairy case. I had no idea what I was in for. Sharp, creamy, tangy. . . the English may have invented cheddar, but the Yankees perfected it. I like other kinds, to be sure, and they'll be making appearances shortly. But VT white cheddar will now always be at the top of my cheddar hierarchy.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
        Sharp, creamy, tangy. . . the English may have invented cheddar, but the Yankees perfected it.
        I'd make a strong argument for the Irish... but to each his own.

Comment

• BTW, if someone wants a recipe, jsut ask in the designated thread. I might just do that.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
            You hooked us on the Irish.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Two pound blocks at Costco or BJ's for $6? How can you NOT be hooked?

Comment

• You get 2 pounds of blowjobs for 6$ at Costco? Fuck that Vin, socialized medicine or not, you guys are ahead of us!

Comment

• Welcome to Amurka!

Comment

• 90. Crème Brulée

A baked custard, sprinkeled with sugar and then flammed. Simple yet elegant. Another easy dessert to do, and if you know how to do this, you know how to do ice cream (not baked custard, but churned) or a custard sauce ...

Comment

• Must have!
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• 91. Molasses Crinkles

Cookies from my childhood made with dark (but not blackstrap) molasses, dipped in sugar, with a single drop of water on the sugar before they're put in the oven. As they bake, the water makes the sugar crack or 'crinkle' hence the name. Haven't made them in ages, I must remedy that.
                        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Since I'll be absent this weekend, DOUBLE POST!

91. Honey Dijon Kettle Chips

Fuuuuuuuuck. 2nd only to the All Dressed chips!

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                            Like I said, other cheddars will be making appearances. Unless, of course, you post it as a favorite food & beat me to it (hint, hint).

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Next post should be 93; Martin's must have crossed w/ Ingrid's & we have 2 91's.

Comment

• 93. Walleye Shore Lunch

What is a 'shore lunch'? It's when you go fishing for Walleye on a lake in the morning, clean your fish around noon, bread/batter them up, and fry them in lard. Hot, fresh, and oh so very tasty. It's pretty much the single best way to eat Walleye.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X