500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60. Macaroni and Cheese
    Hey, we're going to 500, this can't all be Duck Confit. If any of you Brain Deadheads ever met me real life, knowing that I love me some comfort food would be evident upon first glance (I'm quite the portly fella). Macaroni and Cheese might be my fave.
    "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
    - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
    http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
    http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• The GF adapted Vin's recipe, and added some spice and bacon to it, and it was the best Mac n Cheese ever. Basically the Homesick Texan recipe with Vin's cheese selection. DO IT CHRIS.

http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com/20...on-recipe.html

Comment

• Ok ok ok So I personally like my friend's TTHD recipe the best, but I can't find it - her's includes the corn and actual mushrooms along with Cream of Mushroom.

The way I learned how to make it was to ground the beef, mix it with Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Celery, spread this on the bottom of a glass pan. Cover with tots - but the flat round kind, not the cylinder shaped kind. Bake at some degrees I never remember - I think I usually just use whatever is on the back of the tot's bag - for about a half hour, or until the tots are starting to get brown. Then I like to broil it at the end to get it really crispy on top. MMMMMM TTHD. It's great for this time of the year - when you start making chili is when you should start making hot dishes.
        If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
          60. Macaroni and Cheese
          Hey, we're going to 500, this can't all be Duck Confit. If any of you Brain Deadheads ever met me real life, knowing that I love me some comfort food would be evident upon first glance (I'm quite the portly fella). Macaroni and Cheese might be my fave.
          Dude, I tried to bring class to the thread. I know Vin will appreciate.

But I LOVE Mac and Cheese. I'll try the homesicktexan one.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• 62. Corned beef. As a cold cut, yes, but as a big hunk of beef you gotta boil the hell out of to eat? Even better. I toss that so called "spice packet" that often comes w/ them these days. In its stead, I crack 1 t ea. of black peppercorns, white peppercorns, black mustard seeds, and yellow myustard seeds, add 2 bay leaves, & 1 t powdered mustard. Adds a nice, make-your-lips-tingle level of heat. Levels can be adjusted if it's too hot for your liking. Toss in wedges of cabbage & small potatoes and baby carrots for the last 20 mins or so of cooking, and you got a delicious one pot meal. St. Patrick might not endorse it, but I do.
            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I don't think I've had that before.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                BTW, did you know all Campbell's soup is still canned in [*Thunder & Lightning*] Camden, NJ?
                Indeed I did. When my dad was growing up, their farm provided some of the tomatoes for Campbell's. I know that Jersey gets a bad rap for just about everything, but not for nothing is it called 'The Garden State'. Tomatoes and asparagus flourish in the sandy soil. *steps off soapbox*

63. Meatloaf.
                If we're talking comfort food, this is mine. My mom's recipe from her 1960's Betty Crocker is the freakin' best! 'Fluffy meatloaf' is it's name and it is just that. Those that like *shudder* bacon, or worse an egg, on or in your loaf need not apply.
                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• HELL YES on mac and cheese, meat loaf, and corned beef. HELL YES I SAY!!!

64. Scotch Eggs

What is a scotch egg? It's a hard boiled egg covered in sausage, breaded, and fried. You then typically cover the egg with gravy, cheese, horseradish sauce, whatever...It's PUB food and IT IS CHOW. I get these at the Renaissance Festival and at Brit's Pub downtown. I can't waint to get them when I go to the UK eventually...
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• YES MATT

Comment

• 65. A bacon fried egg sandwich with a glass of chocolate milk

Fry up some of your favorite bacon, fry 2 eggs in the grease, have two pieces of toast with your favorite jam/jelly/preservative. Eat the egg whites (save the yolks) first. Place the remaining UNBROKEN yolk on the toast. Place bacon on top of eggs. Place other piece of toast on top. Put your elbows out and TAKE A BIG FUCKING BITE LETTING THE YOLK RUN DOWN YOUR CHIN. Take a big gulp of chocolate milk. Rinse, repeat.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I totally didn't get that specific sandwich/drink combination until I went to a friend's house while super-stoned in high school and he made me one with grape jelly and American cheese instead of bacon. That was sort of a revelation.
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• yep. That's how I convert EVERYONE. Smoke em up first, then make em a sandwich.

Comment

• 66. Pad Thai.

Not the shitty foodcourt variety. The real deal. The ones made by Thai cooks. Made with tamarin juice (that gives the tangy taste) and the color.

When "medium" means "you will shit liquid for a week and yet come back for more".

Comment

• LOVE Pad Thai.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• you motherfucker made want scotch eggs.

Comment

Working...
                                X