500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I love these threads, as I have no clue WTF you're talking about (the chains).
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I remember Papasito's from the early 80s, like pre-1984. Maybe the quality was different then, but we enjoyed the place.

Don Pablo's is dogshit. Ninfas was dogshit. Chi-Chis is dogshit.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• For the record, I was joking with my Don Pablo's comment. That's why the picture was there. To show how bad it is.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Gordan Ramsey would call the owners a donkey before throwing away all of their shitty food.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            I'll take sweet comfort as I eat my poutine tonight.

And Matt posting about food with that avatar is great.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I mean, you're flat-out NOT going to get authentic Mexican food up here in MN. It'll be Minnesota-Mexican, blanded down to a certain degree. That still doesn't excuse the absolute dogshit that we're expected to eat at some of our local chains. It's simply inexcusable. I'll stick with El Loro down in Savage, thank you.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Ninfas had some good cheap margaritas though. My Sundays in Houston?

Brunch at La Strada (best Bellini in Houston)
                Cocktails at JR's
                Margarita's @ Cafe Adobe or Ninfas

Yeah, I never was a designated driver on Sunday's. Going to work semi-drunk on Monday's became a talent.
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  I'll stick with El Loro down in Savage, thank you.
                  Please elaborate.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• He's talking about your genitals, Martin. Or as internet sensation Jon LaJoie would say: Your Gen-it-tail-ia.
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Please elaborate.
                      Savage is a suburb of Minneapolis. It's southeast of Eden Prairie and is about 8 minutes away by car. El Loro is a Mexican restaurant in Savage and it's pretty damned good. It's STILL Minnesota-Mexican but it's at least hot, somewhat spicy, and tastes fresher. They also have great (and cheap) margaritas.

Bar Abilene in our Uptown area has some really good Tex-Mex stuff occasionally. I haven't been there in a while, though.

Comment

• The Upper Midwest

Not known for Mexican Food.

Probably the closest place would be Chicago I'm guessing.

Comment

• We're too busy serving up lutefisk.

Comment

• Minnesota should be spending less time making lutefisk and spending more time bringing back MST3K.

Still, could be worse. You could be living in the Dakotas.

Comment

• The original Ninfa's is incredible, Matt. The one on the East End that, and I do not exaggerate, created what we all know as fajitas. Mama Ninfa's to be technical. All other Ninfa's are franchises she lets use the name, but not any of the recipes. God now I want to go and get fajitas.

And Martin, in regards to the chains, these are all Houston based chains. Hardly anyone here knows them. I WANT MY BATON ROUGE CHAIN IN HOUSTON NOW!

Comment

• That's interesting, Billy. I just remember that the Ninfas that we went to a couple of times served us stuff that was just vile.

There was a restaurant in Houston called Santo's that was fucking CHOW, though. I bet it's gone, but they had this absolutely KILLER enchilada thing there that was the size of a small baby. Hot, spicy, and tasty as hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X