Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN State Fair/Renaissance Festival Food...on a stick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so glad we went last weekend.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• WHAT HATH YOUR PASSIONS WROUGHT, ROB!
      Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Huge bummer about the fire at the Ren Fest!! Although, I'm thinking it wasn't THAT bad considering they still opened today - if it was really bad I would think they would be closed. Also, "Renaissance Festival officials say damage was limited to five food booths of the 124 total food booths on festival grounds." I thought it was way worse when I first read about this today. They will bring back the scotch eggs, I'm sure of it - they will probably just not hire anyone who starts fires.
        If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Soon...very soon...

Rob, our prayers have been answered: one of the new vendors this year has the holy grail of food:

BACON ICE CREAM.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Oh shit...we have a poutine vendor finally...YES.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• fuck yeah. I just hope there will be Scottish eggs.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Shit, that's right...i think the scotch egg booth was one of the ones that got burned down last year at the fest. Fuck.

Comment

• It was. That's why I hope we can still get one this year.

Comment

• Hit the Ren Fest today.

Good news: the vendors that got torched last year have, for the most part returned. There IS a scotch egg booth, but it's not the same people who had the original one. New people, new style scotch eggs.

The Bad news: they're not as good as what used to be there. They have a crunchier shell and are too peppery. Also, they only have the gravy, not the horseradish sauce. It was ok but definitely not in the same league as the others...alas

Also, the bbq pork sandwich vendor is gone. While that sucks, there IS a new Jamaican bbq booth near where it used to be, and their jerk pork wrap is fucking CHOW and a good price at only $4.75. This was easily my favorite meal of the day.

The meads rhis year are both fucking KILLER. The wife and i had three each while bopping around the fest. PERFECT weather today.

State Fair in two weeks...

Comment

• Oh Rob? There will be 47 new foods at the State Fair this year: http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle...213250631.html

Cannolis filled with candied bacon? Oh GOD yes...

Comment

• I'm not a big State Fair guy to be honest. I've gone once in like 5 years. The food there isn't worth dealing with the ridiculous heat, and people. At least the Ren faire has cool stuff to look at along with women in awesome costumes

Comment

• I'm more of a Ren Fest guy too, but my wife is all about the State Fair. As such, I'm there.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              I'm not a big State Fair guy to be honest. I've gone once in like 5 years. The food there isn't worth dealing with the ridiculous heat, and people. At least the Ren faire has cool stuff to look at along with women in awesome costumes
                              Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                I'm not a big State Fair guy to be honest. I've gone once in like 5 years. The food there isn't worth dealing with the ridiculous heat, and people. At least the Ren faire has cool stuff to look at along with women in awesome costumes
                                This is why I've not been to the Texas State Fair since I was a kid. I would love to go and eat fried errrrrrrrrythang and document it for you people, but fuck no.

Comment

Working...
                                X