Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MN State Fair/Renaissance Festival Food...on a stick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I wanna go to your wretched state just to see you guys and go eat this shit.
    As you can tell, this canuck over here is jealous.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Went to the ren fest for the birth celebration. Nathan had never been. Other than the fact that it was about 48 degrees, I had fun. Ate my first turkey leg(not impressed) and bought the siblings some blown glass ornaments. We watched the joust for a bit as well as the glassblower. Will post pics in a bit.
      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• That reminds me! I went back this week and bought a glass crab I thought looked awesome. Pictures later.

Comment

• Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• yes.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Aaaand there's the food on a stick.
              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Texas Ren Fest this weekend.

I need new friends. Been talking with my best friend for literally years about going. Last night he finally tells me they are going to buy tickets, but then starts bitching about how much it costs, going so far as to break down cost per ticket for him, his wife, and two kids plus gas costs.

So I tell him if that's hurting you, then don't go, because tickets are fucking CHEAP. "No it's Sixty fucking dollars for all of us" was his response. So I told him if $60 is going to break him, don't go. So this morning he tells me they probably aren't going because his wife's friend told her that her and her husband spent about $100 there. And I'm like OK...so where's the surprise? I'm planning on taking $150 for food and booze and games. He said the only reason to go is for the kids, which I argued to be stupid, because no kid is going to want to go walking around for 8 hours, and his wife is going to complain about the big titty wenches.

Then my sister tells me that she and my niece may not be going either. So next weekend I am going to Ren Fest with my GF, her dad, sister, and some of their friends.

WTB FRIENDS TO DEVOUR MEAD AND TURKEY LEGS WITH DRUNKENLY

Comment

• weaksauce. Ren faire is fucking great. And 150 for food/booze/other is the perfect amount.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• They don't know what they're missing. It's their loss, Billy.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• What Matt said. People would complain if they were hung with a new rope.

On a side note, my mom has never been, so I told her I'd take her next year and she got all excited.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corey Feldman View Post
                        weaksauce. Ren faire is fucking great. And 150 for food/booze/other is the perfect amount.
                        To put this in perspective, it's a $100 just to get into Disneyland.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          So next weekend I am going to Ren Fest with my GF, her dad, sister, and some of their friends.
                          And you'll have a better time because of this! You don't need any Bitchy McBitchersons along for the ride - go with people who are going to enjoy themselves.

I mean, Ed made the best point about Disneyland being $100 just to go - anyplace that's fun and worth going to is going to cost money. That's just how it is. We're planning a trip to Graceland in the next year or two (it's just like Ren Faire, but with more glitter and aviator sunglasses. Both, however, have giant turkey legs to nom), and it's $70 per person just to get in, to say nothing of the food, souvenirs, hotel, air fare and rental car. That's just the way it is. The option is staying home and playing with yourself - which, while fun once in a while, isn't something you want to sit around doing when you have the chance for a fun day out or trip to go on.
                          Last edited by Lisa; 10-18-2010, 03:25 PM.
                          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                            The option is staying home and playing with yourself - which, while fun once in a while, isn't something you want to sit around doing when you have the chance for a fun day out or trip to go on.
                            Says you...

Comment

• Yeah, I knew that would get a comment from one or more of you!
                              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Hey, I'm consistent...

Comment

Working...
                                X