Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just craving pancakes the other night.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 C brown sugar
      1/4 C granulated sugar
      1 C butter, softened(I never said these were healthy)
      2 tsp. lemon zest and some juice
      1(3.4 oz) package lemon pudding mix
      2 eggs
      1/2 tsp vanilla
      2 1/4 C AP flour
      1 tsp baking soda
      1/2 tsp salt
      1 (11 oz) bag white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
      Cream together sugars, butter, lemon zest and some juice*. Add pudding, eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. In a separate bowl, combine flour, soda and salt. Wisk together and slowly add dry ingredients to the wet until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips by hand. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons(or use a cookie dough scoop) onto cookie sheets. Bake 10 minutes and allow to cool on sheets before transferring to cooling racks.

*I say some juice because its a matter of taste and how the dough looks. Start with a teaspoon and go from there. It's really only there to punch up the lemon flavor, so you can always skip the juice if you choose.

I love making these in the summer, but does anyone need an excuse to make cookies?
      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Ooooooh
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• /posted from dinner thread

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          Fried chicken sammichs were fucking ON POINT. I think I have my recipe down pat now. In case anyone wants to try it:

Marinade:
          • 2 cups buttermilk
          • 1 egg
          • 1/3 cup of either Frank's Red hot or Crystal hot sauce
          • 1 tbls kosher salt

Dry dredge:
          • 1 1/2 cups flour
          • 1/2 cup cornstarch
          • 1 tbls salt
          • 1 tbls cajun seasoning
          • 1 tbls pepper
          • 1 tbls paprika
          • 1 tbls oldbay
          Sammich prep:
          • 1-2 pounds of chicken breasts/thighs (can be both or one..users choice)
          • hard rolls/brioche buns/whatever type of bun you dig
          • angle hair cabbage slaw (premade is perfect)
          • Kewpie mayo (or lame American mayo if that's all you have)
          • hot sauce you enjoy - I use the garlic Classic sauce from Heatonist for this recipe
          • honey
          • bread and butter pickles (or kosher, whatever you like)
          • peanut oil
          1. Pound out chicken to make even sizes. If using breasts, after pounding trim to bun size if wanted. I'm not a huge fan of giant chunks of chicken hanging over the sides of my bun.
          2. Mix buttermilk, egg, hot sauce, and salt in a giant bowl. Put chicken into bowl and make sure it's all covered then pop it in the fridge overnight.
          3. Fill up your dutch oven or other heavy large pot a little under halfway with the peanut oil. Get oil up to about 360 degrees. Also turn on oven to 190 degrees (this is for keeping cooked chicken warm while frying) While this is happening, take chicken out of fridge and let come to room temp a bit.
          4. Set up 2 cookie sheets with racks. One will be used to hold uncooked chicken and one will be used to hold cooked chicken in warm oven.
          5. Spoon a tbls of the marinade into the dry dredge. Take chicken out of marinade and cover completely in dry ingredients. Place on rack from step 4. Get all chicken done in this manner.
          6. Once the oil is at temp (get a candy thermometer for your pot it's easier) slowly add 2-3 chicken pieces into the oil. Keep an eye on it and make sure it's not sitting at the bottom of the pot or it will burn. Basically just keep it moving every once in awhile in the pot for about 6-8 minutes until inner temp is about 155-160 degrees. Once cooked, pop cooked chicken on rack and place in oven to keep warm. Continue process to get all chicken cooked. FWIW after the initial 360 degrees for the oil, I just keep it about 320-330 for the rest of the chicken. Cooks it slower but won't burn it.
          7. Toast your buns. You can skip this but if you do you're lame. Toast them up with some butter on a hot pan.
          8. Mix your mayo/hotsauce together. You don't have to and can just use mayo, but I enjoy having a tasty mixture. Then sauce up your bottom and top buns. Place pickles on bottom bun next. Top with a bit of slaw mixture. You can add even more mayo/sauce to the slaw if you'd like. It's all a taste preference.
          9. Pop chicken on top of slaw. Top chicken with honey. I use Nugget Honey which is a pepper infused honey so it's nice and spicy.
          10. Finish sammich off with the top bun and eat.

Store uneaten chicken in tinfoil in the fridge. To re-heat the next day or up to 2 days later do the following:
          1. pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and take chicken out of the fridge and put on a wire rack in a cookie sheet. Let come to room temp (about 15-20 mins or so)
          2. Pop in oven for 8 mins. Take out flip pieces over and pop them back in for about 6-7 mins more.
          3. profit with crispy chicken all over again.

Comment

Working...
          X