Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks don't always matter, the taste does and that cake looks mighty tasty.
    Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lesley View Post
      Here is the recipe! I'll admit, it didn't turn out very beautiful, but tasted pretty damn good.
      [Eyes Welling Up, Voice Cracking] Don't say that! Don't you dare say that! It's beautiful! *Sniff!* So beautiful. . .
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Jen, those pasta dished look awesome. Wish I could eat pasta, dammit!
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• My chicken was awesome. Dick.

:-D
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Jen, those pasta dished look awesome. Wish I could eat pasta, dammit!
            If spaghetti squash is good for your dietary needs, then maybe try that for the linguine and white clam sauce recipe.

Comment

• Lesley, please visit Houston. Please bring that cake. Thanks.

Comment

• that cake was soooo ridiculous.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Braetzeli

1 1/3 cups of butter
                  1 cup of sugar
                  4 eggs
                  3 1/2 cups flour
                  rind of 1 lemon (the rind of 1 orange that can be substituted or added to the lemon rind)
                  pinch of salt
                  1 tsp. vanilla extract*

In a bowl, combine flour and salt.

In the bowl of a mixer combine butter and sugar. Cream together. Add eggs and vanilla and rind. Mix until combined. Gradually add the flour mixture and mix to combine.

Once the dough is made, put in the refrigerator or freezer until solid.

Preheat the Braetzeli iron.

Form solid dough into balls about the size of a dime.

Place the balls on the iron. Close the iron and press down and cook until golden brown and delicious.

Place cookies on a rack to cool (they'll cool quickly because they're so thin).

If you wish, you can form the cookies into a cone or cylinder and fill them.

* 1 tsp. of Grand Manier can be added to the recipe in addition to the vanilla.

Enjoy!

Comment

• Pizza dough!

In measuring cup:
                    1 tsp yeast
                    2/3 cup warm water
                    3/4 tsp sugar

Stir until all is dissolved

In food processor:
                    3/4 cup white flour
                    3/4 cup wheat flour
                    3/4 tsp kosher salt
                    1 Tbsp EVOO

Turn on processor to start mixing, then add yeast solution until full mixed. Then knead dough, add a bit more white flour if too sticky to knead well. Spray/grease a bowl and allow dough to rise for one hour. After one hour punch the dough down and let rise for another 30 minutes. Then knead the dough one more time before rolling it out for pizza time!

We cook ours on a pizza stone at 425 degrees for 13-15 minutes and that seems just right for our oven.

Comment

• so dumb question, I'm assuming you're putting the ingredients for the pizza on during the 13-15 min cook time right?
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yep! Put all the ingredients on the raw dough. We're boring so usually just go with just cheese and pepperoni. If you put a lot of other ingredients on it will probably lengthen the cook time a bit otherwise the dough might be a bit soggy in the middle. I noticed that a couple times we added Italian sausage.

Comment

• awesome. Gonna go buy a new pizza stone and try this soon. Thanks man!

Comment

• I've done some searching on the internet for tasty paleo recipes. I found this on Saturday and made them last night...FUCKING CHOW.

http://www.texanerin.com/perfect-pal...olate-cookies/

You don't have to be paleo to like these things. Indeed, I'd put them up against regular cookies any day of the week.
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I will try these!
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• These are also awesome: http://www.paleocupboard.com/bacon-w...en-strips.html

I've made them twice. Just note that thick cut bacon really won't work as it simply won't get crispy. Gotta stick with thin cut.

Comment

Working...
                                X