Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made my "Lazy Day Overnight Lasagna" for a friend. Very simple recipe and gives you the "next day taste" that we all love.

You need:

1 box regular lasagna noodles, uncooked
    1 24 oz. jar of your favorite jarred tomato sauce
    1 cup water
    1 lb. sausage (any kind will do)
    32 oz. ricotta cheese
    2 lbs. mozzarella, grated
    1 egg
    1 tbsp. each oregano & basil
    pepper, to taste
    Parmesan cheese

Brown sausage. Add sauce & water. Heat for 1 minute & set aside.

In a separate bowl, mix ricotta, egg, oregano, basil & pepper.

Place a layer of sauce in the bottom of the pan. (enough to coat the bottom of the pan) Place 1st layer of noodles on top of the sauce. (if you have to break a noodle to make it fit, do so) Spread 1/2 of the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles. Spread 1/3 of the remaining sauce on top of the ricotta and top with 1/3 of the mozzarella. Repeat for second layer. Top the second layer with noodles. Spread the remaining sauce on the top layer of noodles. Sprinkle with Parmesan & remaining mozzarella. Place in the refrigerator overnight.

The next day, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place lasagna in oven (if using a disposable pan, place pan on a baking sheet) and bake for 1 hour. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Serve & enjoy!
    Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• YESSSSSSSSSssssssssssss
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Changed up my "Lazy Day Overnight Lasagna" recipe to make 10 mini lasagnas. I doubled the sauce and used disposable mini-loaf pans. I also mixed the sausage into the ricotta mix instead of the sauce. It came out great and I have a bunch in the freezer for future meals.

Comment

• Jen's Super Easy Italian Wedding Soup

32 oz. chicken broth (I use low-sodium)
            1/4 lb. sausage
            1 small onion, finely chopped
            1 tablespoon minced garlic
            1/2 cup roughly chopped spinach (can substitute escarole or kale)
            1/4 lb. cooked small pasta (ditalini, orzo, pastina, etc. just has to be small)
            salt & pepper, to taste
            grated Parmesan cheese, to taste

Form the sausage into small balls. Sautee the onion & garlic in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the broth.

Meanwhile, cook pasta in a separate pot.

When the broth in the first pot is hot, add the sausage balls and cook for 3 minutes. Then add the chopped spinach. Add salt & pepper to taste.

Serve the broth in a bowl and add the pasta and cheese.

Enjoy!

I cook the pasta separately and store it separately so that it doesn't absorb all of the broth and makes the soup a stoup.

Comment

• Jen's Mom's Easy Linguine with White Clam Sauce

1 lb. linguine (or other spaghetti-type pasta you might like)
              2 cans minced clams
              1 jar clam juice
              1 tsp. garlic
              1 med. onion chopped
              1 tbsp. olive oil
              salt & pepper to taste
              1 tbsp. chopped parsley

Cook pasta according to package directions.

You could probably put it over cooked spaghetti squash, if it's paleo.

In a medium sauce pan, sautee the onion and garlic in the olive oil. Once the onion is translucent, add the clam juice and clams. Salt & pepper to taste and cook until the clams are just warmed (don't cook them too long or they become rubbery). Stir in the parsley and serve over the pasta.

Enjoy!

Comment

• Whaaaaat is up with that peanut butter chocolate cake, Rob and/or Lesley?

Comment

• I'll let Lesley post that. That shit was fucking RIDICULOUS.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• It looks amazing. Holy buckets.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Don't know what to call it, but.....

Take three chicken thighs, open up and salt/pepper both sides. Put a bit of oil in the pan (I don't measure shit, that's for the pros) and sear the chicken. Take an orange and squeeze the juice into a bowl, mix with honey till the orange juice darkens. Add some juice from jalapeno jar for a bit of heat. Pour onto chicken as it's almost cooked through. Let juice reduce down and flip the chicken every couple of minutes till the chicken is coated with the sauce. Make sure you don't reduce the honey/OJ mix to much as it becomes stringy if you do. Serve over some rice and NOM your ass off on...... I guess a poor mans version of General Tso's.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I'd actually call it "Spicy Orange Chicken". Sounds yummy.

Comment

• Works for me. The wife and kids all liked it. That's a first for anything I've cooked and I make a couple of good dishes IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

Here is the recipe! I'll admit, it didn't turn out very beautiful, but tasted pretty damn good.
                              If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• I want to put my face in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X