This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YEEEEE
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Was that a good "YEEEE" or a bad one? They actually do taste good.

Before you say bad I have two words for you...Taco Bell.
      Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• I must be honest and say I'm concerned about cooking mayo. Seems like a recipe for anti-matter or something.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It's actually fine. If you prefer, then use sour cream instead. Besides the ingredients for mayo are egg yolks, mustard & oil basically. Look it up in any cookbook or cooking website.

Comment

• PORK FRIED RICE

2 cups cooked rice (1 1/2 raw rice)
            2-3 pork filets
            Red Bell Pepper
            1-2 Carrots
            2-3 green onion/scallions
            Hoison Sauce
            Soy Sauce
            Kosher Salt
            Pepper

Cook your rice the day before. Add a couple pinches of salt, and a small pad of butter to it. Let it cook and store in the fridge overnight. Put the pork filets in some hoison sauce and let it marinate overnight.

Scrambled 3-4 eggs in skillet with a bit of butter. When finished put aside on a plate.

Grate your carrots, dice garlic and green onions, and cut bell pepper to sizes you prefer. Cook in skillet with pad of butter until all vegetables are soft and cooked. Add some soy sauce while veggies cook.

While veggies are cooking cut the pork filets into very small slices. You want them to be smaller than bite sized, because you will be getting a lot of vegetables with every bite too.

After veggies are soft add the pork and let it cook. Pork should be very thin, so it shouldn't take but a few minutes for it to cook. Once the pork is cooked add another pad of butter and toss in your rice, and add soy sauce. Stir your rice to make sure it's not clumped and all of it gets fried in the skillet bottom. This can be a bit of a pain depending on size of your skillet.

Once rice is fried to your preference shred the eggs up and toss them in. Add some soy sauce and salt/pepper as desired, mix everything up.

Should make 4-6 servings. Plenty for two nights dinner.

Comment

• sweet, sounds good. Will have to try this.

Do I really need to cook the rice the day before? I WANT RICE NOW.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• My understanding from people that would know (AKA AZNS) cold rice will hold the flavors better and have better texture after being fried. I don't think it will break the recipe though. Just don't use minute rice. Buy some decent jasmine rice.

Comment

• And don't be afraid of the hoison sauce. Seriously, you can put a little more on the veggies while they cook if you want. I do.

Comment

• oh i love me some hoisen sauce, will try to make this later this week.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Easy Panko Crusted Tilapia recipe:

ingredients:
                      • tilapia
                      • panko
                      • half stick of butter (melted)
                      • old bay
                      • garlic powder
                      • lemon

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking pan lightly with cooking oil.
                      2. In a shallow dish, combine melted butter and garlic powder. In a separate dish, combine panko and Old Bay seasoning (as much as you like, I use a ton).
                      3. Dip each filet in butter mixture, then roll well in the panko mixture. Place filets in a single layer onto prepared pan.
                      4. Bake 12-15 minutes, until flaky. Squeeze some lemon juice over them

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        PORK FRIED RICE

2 cups cooked rice (1 1/2 raw rice)
                        2-3 pork filets
                        Red Bell Pepper
                        1-2 Carrots
                        2-3 green onion/scallions
                        Hoison Sauce
                        Soy Sauce
                        Kosher Salt
                        Pepper

Cook your rice the day before. Add a couple pinches of salt, and a small pad of butter to it. Let it cook and store in the fridge overnight. Put the pork filets in some hoison sauce and let it marinate overnight.

Scrambled 3-4 eggs in skillet with a bit of butter. When finished put aside on a plate.

Grate your carrots, dice garlic and green onions, and cut bell pepper to sizes you prefer. Cook in skillet with pad of butter until all vegetables are soft and cooked. Add some soy sauce while veggies cook.

While veggies are cooking cut the pork filets into very small slices. You want them to be smaller than bite sized, because you will be getting a lot of vegetables with every bite too.

After veggies are soft add the pork and let it cook. Pork should be very thin, so it shouldn't take but a few minutes for it to cook. Once the pork is cooked add another pad of butter and toss in your rice, and add soy sauce. Stir your rice to make sure it's not clumped and all of it gets fried in the skillet bottom. This can be a bit of a pain depending on size of your skillet.

Once rice is fried to your preference shred the eggs up and toss them in. Add some soy sauce and salt/pepper as desired, mix everything up.

Should make 4-6 servings. Plenty for two nights dinner.
                        You could probably use left-over rice from another recipe or Chinese takeout (if you don't eat it all at the time you're having whatever).

Comment

• I made rice in our rice cooker and then just cooled in the freezer for a bit before putting it in the fridge while we got the rest of the recipe ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            Easy Panko Crusted Tilapia recipe:

ingredients:
                            • tilapia
                            • panko
                            • half stick of butter (melted)
                            • old bay
                            • garlic powder
                            • lemon

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking pan lightly with cooking oil.
                            2. In a shallow dish, combine melted butter and garlic powder. In a separate dish, combine panko and Old Bay seasoning (as much as you like, I use a ton).
                            3. Dip each filet in butter mixture, then roll well in the panko mixture. Place filets in a single layer onto prepared pan.
                            4. Bake 12-15 minutes, until flaky. Squeeze some lemon juice over them
                            Oh I'll squeeze some juice over it alright. For SRS though, <3 Tilapia
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Our awesome Bourbon Chicken recipe. Now with easy to make steps!

Comment

• Thai fried Rice (2 ways - straight, and paleo!)

To make this paleo, or fooling your kids into eating it thing it's fucking RICE and not veggies, pulse a caulifower head into a food processor until it looks like rice. To make it in advance, I like to treat it like rice, so I pre-fry in a pan or wok into it starts to get tender, and put it on the side, but unlike rice, you can already cook it if you want or need. Unlike regular fired rice, the cauliflower rice is the first thing you'll cook then. If you pre-cooked it, insert it at the same time you'd put the rice.

This is more a guideline than anything else. Fried rice are notorious fridge cleanser for a reason: put what you have in it.

2-3 cups of cooked rice, cooled
                                Meat (your call: chicken ,beef, duck, pork!) Leftovers are welcomed as well.
                                Shrimp (optional. Hey, it swam, it lived, now it died. Eat it!)
                                Veggies (I prefer 1 bell pepper, green, and 1 red)
                                1 onion, sliced
                                Green onions 1 or 2
                                2 eggs, beaten
                                3 cloves of garlic (more or less, your call)
                                1 cup bean sprouts (optional, but I love the crunch)
                                1 to 3 tablespoon sambal olek (chili paste) or sriracha
                                1-2 Tbs Fish sauce
                                1-2 Tbs Sweet oy or Kecep Manis (or just skip this and go with sugar and regular soy)
                                1 tsp Soy sauce
                                Thai basil (if have some)
                                1 Tbs Sugar

1- Heat some oil or SUPER HOT, until it's smoky.
                                2- Add the protein you want if it's uncooked, if not, skip this.
                                3- Add the garlic, onion and the sambal olek. (keep stiring!). Cook a minute or 2.
                                4- Add the cooked meat and the peppers. Cook a minute at most.
                                5- Add the rice. Stir the shit out of it.
                                6- Create a well in the middle. Add the eggs. Strip a bit to make sure it cooks.
                                7- While the eggs are cooking, add sauces (fish, soy, kecap), and mix everything!
                                8- Add the remaining igreen onions, sprouts and thai basil.

DONE.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X