This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lola View Post
    The beginnings are looking sweet! Recipe to follow later...

"Oh, shit. She got George. C'mon, let's haul ass outta this thread 'fore she fries us up too!"

Comment

• Didn't someone once post a crockpot pulled pork recipe? Or a link to one? I can't find it.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I think I mentioned we used one but I don't have it right here. I'll post it when the wife locates.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Thanks. I'm considering making that while the wife 'n' kid are away in July.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Read a pretty simple recipe today.

Get some tomatoes. Scoop out the nasty seed filled guts. Lightly salt and pepper the tomato, then stuff it with blue cheese. 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes in the oven. If you want to brown the cheese broil for 2 minutes additional. Serve with salad or meat. Going to make this with pulled pork this weekend.

Comment

• NICE!! Also do the same with Bell peppers and fill with the rice of your choice, sausage of your choice and cheese of your choice. Preferably those three things will go together. I precooked my rice and sausage and baked at 375 for 12-15 minutes. Your time may vary depending on oven and pepper size.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Yeah, I haven't done peppers in a while. Delicious though. I dug this because no meat being stuffed in it, and it's crazy cheap to make. I'm trying to cut back all my beef/pork and up my veggies. So what if it's filled with delicious cheese?!

Comment

• Anyone have a really good bloody mary recipe?
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• 3 oz tomato juice
                    • 1 1/2 oz vodka
                    • 1/2 oz lemon juice
                    • 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
                    • celery salt
                    • ground pepper
                    • hot pepper sauce to taste
                    • celery stalk and/or pickle spear for garnish

Comment

• 1) Get shitfaced on Friday night
                      2) Go to really nice brunch spot
                      3) Order a pitcher of bloody mary's

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                        • 3 oz tomato juice
                        • 1 1/2 oz vodka
                        • 1/2 oz lemon juice
                        • 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
                        • celery salt
                        • ground pepper
                        • hot pepper sauce to taste
                        • celery stalk and/or pickle spear for garnish

My version has a cheap whore and some stabbing, so you win.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• sooo good.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Blitzen Torte

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
                            Cake Ingredients:
                            1/2 cup butter
                            1/2 cup sugar
                            4 egg yolks (save the whites for later)
                            5 Tbsp. milk
                            1 cup flour
                            1 tsp. baking powder
                            1/2 tsp. salt
                            1/2 tsp. vanilla

Grease & flour two 9" round baking pans. Combine butter, sugar, yolks & milk in a bowl and cream until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder & salt. Add into the butter mixture and mix until just mixed together and then mix in the vanilla. Do not over-mix the batter. Pour into the baking pans and set aside.

Meringue Ingredients:
                            4 egg whites
                            1 cup sugar
                            1/2 tsp. vanilla

Place whites in a bowl and beat with clean mixer blades. Gradually add the sugar. After the sugar is mixed in, add the vanilla & beat until stiff. Spread the meringue on top of the cake batter keeping it away from the edges of the pan. Sprinkle the top of the meringue with shredded coconut and sliced almonds. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Remove layers to a cooling rack. Remove the layers from the pans after 30 minutes.

Top layers with whipped cream and fruit. A fruit jam (or the equivalent) can even be folded into the whipped cream. (I've done this with dried apricots that I've reconstituted).

Enjoy! But cut into small pieces, it's very rich.
                            Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Rad. I'm a terrible baker though.

Made this yesterday: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2010...er-recipe.html

Subbed white rice with brown basmati rice, regular smoked sausage with turkey smoked sausage and threw in a tablespoon of chipotle chili powder and this shit is divine. Eat it with a sourdough demi-baguette or some garlic naan bread and thank me later.
                              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                              *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Got an easy recipe for sliders...

1 lb. ground beef (80%/20% or 85%/15%)
                                1 cup mayonnaise or sour cream (can use low fat or no fat)
                                1 pkg onion soup mix (or other flavor)
                                1 pkg. Maier's potato dinner rolls (the really small square ones that come in 2 sheets in a pack).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice the sheets of rolls in half so that you have a sheet of tops & a sheet of bottoms. Place each sheet on 2 pieces of aluminum foil (they have to be double wrapped).
                                In a bowl, put the meat, mayo & soup mix. Mix everything together well. Spread 1/2 the meat mix on each bottom half sheets and then cover with the top sheets. Wrap well and place packets in the oven for 1 hour. Take out of the oven and slice to separate.
                                If you use onion-mushroom soup mix & sour cream, you will have stroganoff-tasting sliders. I used mayo and garlic & herb mix tonight and they came out tasty.
                                Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

Working...
                                X