This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• While I am not the biggest ham fan in the world, I thought I would offer up something that those with family or guests can prepare this Easter Sunday.

Enjoy...

Coffee Glazed Ham

INGREDIENTS:
      12-to-14 pound smoked, ready-to-eat ham
      1/2 cup brown sugar
      1/2 cup cider vinegar
      1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
      1 cup strong black brewed coffee
      1 cup bread crumbs

DIRECTIONS:
      1. Place the ham in a very large stockpot and place water in the pot until it just covers the ham. Put the pot on the stove and turn the heat on high. When the water begins to boil, reduce heat to low and let the ham poach for 90 minutes.

2. While the ham is cooking, prepare the glaze: Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, and black coffee in a bowl, and stir with a fork until the sugar is dissolved. Add the bread crumbs and blend in. (The glaze will become somewhat pasty as the bread crumbs absorb the liquid.)

3. Preheat oven to 400°F.

4. Remove the ham from the pot of water and place it in a large baking pan. Carve away the excess fat, if desired, and some of the rind. Spread the glaze evenly over the surface of the ham. Reduce the oven heat to 375°F, and bake the ham in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the crust is hot and dark brown. Remove the ham from the pan and place on a cutting board.

5. Allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before carving.

By poaching the ham before baking, the majority of salt is drawn out... leaving it somewhat sweeter than the norm. It also makes for a moister ham as well.

Comment

• No. FUCK A HAM RIGHT IN THE FACE.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Hamz don't got faces... just like chickenz don't got fingers!

Comment

• Fucking hate ham so much.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Someone did something to you with a pork product... didn't they?

It scarred you... made you afraid to face pork again.

But you're not alone, Rob. Not here. Let us help you.

Comment

• No just fucking HATE SPIRAL HAMS.

Comment

• And my dad is making one for tomorrow for Easter which means once again I will not be eating.

Comment

• Ham is delicious.

Dirty, unwashed porcine deliciousness.

And know what compliments the hell out of it? Mustard.

No wonder you hate it, you're free-range crazy.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• YOU'RE KILLING YOUR FATHER LARRY
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• ham

bitches

respect the ham
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Eating so much honey ham tomorrow

Comment

• Made NY Strip Steak tonight.

Prepped yesterday with my favorite, Grub rub with a bit of Cayenne and a little pepper. Let that marinate in a vacuum sealed bag over night in the fridge. Add more grub rub to the meat right before grilling, grill to medium rare. Needs no steak sauce. Melts like fucking butter.

Also had mashed 'taters, make your mashed taters how you normally do but add one package of ranch dressing mix(powdered) to the taters upon completion and mix.

Add Texas Toast and FUCKIN NOMNOM
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I'm being allowed to cook dinner on Easter. Gonna fire up the smoker and make 3 racks of ribs and grill some chicken breasts (my wife & sister in law don't dig ribs, but me, my son, my niece and my bro in law all LOVE 'em). Figure I'll use Steve Raichlen's Basic Barbecue rub on the ribs, and a Coca cola based BBQ sauce on both. Never tried this sauce; hope it's as good as the ingredient list leads me to believe it will be. But I already have all the ingredients on hand, so it won't cost me anything but time to find out.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• On any cola based Sauce make sure you use the exact amount as any more takes too long to reduce and too little is just uggggh.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X