Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also you don't want to have to much of the wet portion of your batter, to much and it will not want to stick. It's a delicate balance. Not saying that's what your issue was but it's something to watch. And Vin nailed the heat portion. Maybe don't beat your meat so hard. Lulz
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
      Maybe don't beat your meat so hard. Lulz
      Stop talking crazy.

Comment

• Troof, I had to go for the lulz.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Blueberry Pancake Syrup
          yields 2 pints

4 cups blueberries,stemmed,rinsed & drained
          3 cups water
          2 strips lemon peel
          3 cups sugar
          lemon juice to taste

Pour the blueberries into a saucepan and crush them with a potato masher or wooden spoon until most of the skins are broken.

Add one cup of water and strips of lemon peel and bring to a simmer. Turnheat down to low and cook the berries for 5 minutes at just under a simmer.

Pour the hot blueberries into a strainer lined with two layers of cheesecloth and let the blueberry juice drip through. Twist the cloth to extract all of the juice;there should be about two cups. Discard the pulp.

Combine the remaining two cups of water with the sugar in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil,stirring until sugar is dissolved and the mixture is clear. Wash down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush,then boil the syrup,without stirring,until it reaches 260 degrees on a candy thermometer.

Add the blueberry syrup to the sugar syrup and bring mixture to a boil. Boil for one minute. Let syrup cool,then add lemon juice to taste.

Pour the syrup into two pint jars and refrigerate.
          “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”

Comment

• Thankee sai. It occurs to me I now need to buy a meat thermometer. . .
            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Chicken Dipping Sauce

1/2 cup mayonnaise(store brand or home made)
              1/4 cup ketchup
              1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
              1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
              A fuckton of black pepper

A: Mix all ingredients together.
              2: Store in fridge for at least an hour.
              d: Dip chicken bits in it.
              5: Nom.

Comment

• sounds like fancy sauce.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Well... it only tastes fancy!

Comment

• Hey Vin: Do you have a truly spectacular Tater Tot Hot Dish recipe?
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• If you're not from the Midwest you will not have that recipe. Only midwesterners have truly great hot dish recipes.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yeah, but in Vin we trust.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• They pull the "YOU CAN'T GET REAL CFS/FRIED CHICKEN/ETC" on us all the time. I'm just doing it right back at them. Although, we lose cause hot dishes SUCK compared to other culinary delights.

Comment

• Equal parts Ranch and BBQ sauce works pretty well also.
                            "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                            - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                            http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                            http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              Hey Vin: Do you have a truly spectacular Tater Tot Hot Dish recipe?
                              I'm not sure it would qualify as a world-beater... but I've had no complaints about this one.

Tater Tot Hot Pot

2 pounds lean ground beef, or a beef/pork/veal meatloaf mix
                              1 onion, chopped
                              3/4 teaspoon salt
                              1 pinch ground black pepper
                              1 2 lb. package tater tots, thawed
                              1 can cream of mushroom soup
                              1 can cream of chicken soup
                              1 can French-fried onion rings
                              1 package shredded cheddar or Jack cheese

1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2: In a large skillet cook ground beef with onion, salt and pepper; drain and spread into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.

3: Add tater tots; mix cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup together and pour mixture over dish. Top with onion rings.

4: Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. 5 minutes before removing from the oven, add the shredded cheese on top to melt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Moistington III View Post
                                They pull the "YOU CAN'T GET REAL CFS/FRIED CHICKEN/ETC" on us all the time. I'm just doing it right back at them.
                                Valid point.

Originally posted by Theodore Moistington III View Post
                                Although, we lose cause hot dishes SUCK compared to other culinary delights.
                                Oh, I disagree. I'd put a quality tater tot hotdish right up there with a filet mignon or lobster Thermidore.

Comment

Working...
                                X