Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the leftovers(assuming you have any...) make awesome sammitches the next day.

Comment

• Have sausage patties or links on the side with your CFS Rob. And yes, CFS sandwiches are amazing. I always make 4 CFS so I can have sandwiches the next day. Make sure you keep your extra gravy in the pot though so it heats properly. Nuked cream gravy turns to a brown slush.

Comment

• I wish Lesley liked CFS. I need to make this quite soon.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Brittany doesn't like it a ton either, which is fine because more for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            I wish Lesley liked CFS. I need to make this quite soon.
            Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            Brittany doesn't like it a ton either, which is fine because more for me.
            Well, I think they might dig on this a bit. The coating, despite the heavy sounding ingredients, turns out quite crisp and a bit lighter than it really should be.

Once they smell it frying up, they will want some.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
              Once they smell it frying up, they will want some.
              That's why Brittany doesn't like it. She can't stand the smell of fried food. If she is in the proximity while I fry something she loses her appetite. Show her the sausage not the ingredients yadda yadda and she will enjoy it more.

Also Vin, you think you really need to give moi a CFS recipe? I'm offended.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                Also Vin, you think you really need to give moi a CFS recipe? I'm offended.
                I stand rebuked...

Comment

• Seriously Mang, CFS is SRS BZNZ in Texas. We don't fuck around.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• So I failed hard in regards to making the CFS this weekend. Not sure what I did wrong (probably everything).
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Wait until after you cook to get drunk...

Comment

• I think I beat my meat too much as well hahaha. It was like falling apart when I was trying to pick it up.

Comment

• Next time one of you guys makes this, can you take pics of the setup? I had two bowls: one with the flour and one with the batter. I followed the instructions but it seemed like the batter didn't want to stick. Yes I used an egg. I do think I had too much oil though (I used three cups like the recipe asked for) but since I was using a 10 inch skillet it was almost over half full of oil. I also didn't know about how high to have the heat, so that's probably my biggest failure.

Comment

• When I fry things in a pan as opposed to my fryer, I pour on the heat until the oil reaches smoke point... then I back off the heat just a skosh. By then, the oil is good and hot... so you can throw whatever in the pan.

Comment

• I think you probably had way too much oil and way too low heat Rob. My set up is as you described, one bowl with egg/batter and I put the flour (I also use a touch of cornmeal but JUST a touch) on a paper plate. Flour/Batter/Flour then directly into a fucking HOT skillet of grease. If you don't get burnt putting the steak into the grease then it's not hot enough. The batter should instantly crisp up.

Did you touch the steak while it was in the hot grease? NEVER touch the CFS while it is frying until you are positive it is time to flip it. If you are fucking with it, and lifting it and checking it you've ruined it. The breading will never stick.

Comment

• I didn't touch the steak until the 4 mins had passed. And yeah, it's definitely a heat issue it sounds like.

Comment

Working...
                                X