Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks. And spam shit on FB dammit. I do alot of spamming as it is, but maybe if some of you are like "Hey guise, BDR is pretty neat and their forum is fun and they have occasionally funny podcasts you should check out" then we'd have more people haha.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
      Lisa,

The only way to do it, is to just do it. Be bold and daring in the kitchen! That's when you make meals worth remembering.
      Thanks, Vin and Guyez, but the problem in this apartment is it's horribly ill-equipped for cooking. There's no counter space, the oven sucks, and it's just not workable. I actually did do quite a lot of cooking in my old apartment, because the kitchen, while small, was really great.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I'll make promises of hookers and blow, but if anyone shows up wanting fulfillment I'm putting it back on you Rob!

Comment

• WTF kind of recipers are YOU cooking?!
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Per Lisa's request-

Maryland Style Vegetable and Sausage Soup

1 Pound Breakfast Sausage (patties, or whole crumbly, not links)
            1 Bag frozen mixed veggies (corn, carrots, peas, green beans, lima beans)
            3 small red potatos chopped
            1 yellow onion, diced
            2 small cans tomato sauce
            2 tablespoons tomato paste
            Old Bay Seasoning

In a big soup pot, sweat the onion, then add in the sausage and cook until browned. Add in all other ingredients, then about 4 cups of water ( I say about, but, you know, add water until it looks like soup, not a big mess of veggies and pork).

Season liberally with Old Bay, I use about 3 tablespoons. Bring everything to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer about 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.

Enjoy!
            "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
            - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
            http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
            http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Saw this recipe at the store today, and made it for dinner. Very good.

Green Chile Mac n Cheese

Ingredients

16oz Mac Pasta
              Monterey Jack Cheese
              1 to 1-1/2lbs ground beef
              24oz Tomatillo Salsa with Green Chiles
              1/2 cup whipping cream
              1lb Velveeta cut to small cubes

Directions
              Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees

Brown the ground beef in a skillet and put the pasta on the stove top to cook

While the beef/pasta are going cut the Velveeta down to cubes

Once the ground beef is browned and you've drained the grease add the Velveeta to the skillet and melt it into the beef. Once the Velveeta has melted down into the ground beef add the tomatillo salsa and green chiles to the skillet.

Put the pasta into your glass baking pan (greased slightly) and even it. Add the skillet's content to the pan once it is warmed to your liking. You may want to mix it all up a bit once it is in the pan so the salsa gets all through the pasta and you don't have dry spots.

Top off with the monterey jack cheese, and put it in the oven for about 15-18 minutes.

NOM.

It's supposed to feed 8, but it's easily more like 10-12 servings. I had two and am miserable, and Brittany had 1. We have more than 3/4 of our Pyrex still filled with this stuff.

Comment

• Totally going to make that fucking mac and cheese. Ungh.

Can a brotha get a good, semi-swanky mashed potato recipe?

I could also swing for any non-Thanksgiving standard dessert recommendations - I'm making both for a friend's Thanksgiving shindig and I'm 99% sure people are going to bring pies and shit.
                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• I have some good ones that I can post when I get home Jake-I dont know if you would consider them non-traditional or not- I have a Rocky Road cheesecake thats always a win- and a man that can make a cheesecake- SCORE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
                    Totally going to make that fucking mac and cheese. Ungh.

I could also swing for any non-Thanksgiving standard dessert recommendations - I'm making both for a friend's Thanksgiving shindig and I'm 99% sure people are going to bring pies and shit.
                    http://forums.braindeadradio.com/sho...&postcount=515

http://forums.braindeadradio.com/sho...&postcount=638

http://forums.braindeadradio.com/sho...&postcount=340

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
                      Totally going to make that fucking mac and cheese. Ungh.

I don't have a recipe but you reminded me of excellent mashed potatoes I had once in Tucson. They added prickley pear cactus juice to it - it turned them kind of purple and they were delicious...
                      If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Jake, I've asked my sister for her super insane skeetskeetskeet mashed potato recipe. I will return on the morrow.

Comment

• OK, she just emailed with a quickness. Quote:

"its mashed taters... butter, sour cream, bacon , chives, salt, pepper and cheeseall to taste"

Goddamn I wanna make this NOW.

Comment

• Boil 2-4 cloves peeled garlic with the potatoes, and mash them with the taters as well. While mashing, stir in your favorite blue cheese to taste, and a little milk or cream for added moisture. The cheese isn't really that noticeable, so don't worry too much about overdoing it.
                            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• CAME SO HOARD

I really need to create a mashed tater recipe that is better than Lesley's. Her's is too awesome though.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• This recipe was from my grandmother- I typically only make it at the holidays because I cant have it around. It has the right combination of crunch and salt and sweet.

Chocolate Ice-Box Dessert(some folks call it 'Better Than Sex' Dessert)

Crust

1 stick margarine
                                1 c flour
                                1 c chopped pecans

Mix together and press into a 13X9X2 pan. Bake at 350 for 20 min.
                                Let cool.

Filling
                                1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
                                1 c powdered sugar
                                1 1/2 c cool whip

Cream together cheese and sugar. Add in cool whip. Mix well and spread over cooled crust.

Pudding Layer

1 sm pkg instant vanilla pudding
                                1 sm pkg instant chocolate pudding
                                3 c milk

Mix pudding with 3 cups milk. Spread over cream cheese filling layer. Put in refrigerator to let pudding set ( few minutes).

Topping

Take remainder of cool whip in tub and layer over pudding layer. Garnish with grated hershey bar.

Comment

Working...
                                X