This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No problem...

I like to dust mine with a little cayenne right before serving, though.

Comment

• I always eaten my corn boiled. The one time I did it on the BBQ, I felt it was too dry and pasty, compared to the ones I had boiled along them.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I'm sure you could do it boiled... but I'm not sure it will taste like it should.

Comment

• I'll try both variations!

Comment

• Let me know how it works... it's kind of a bitch having to fire up the grill every time I get a craving for MexiCornâ„¢.

Comment

• Moisture in the form of a mop sauce or finishing sauce in a spray bottle is often used to keep meat cooked long & slow in a barbecue smoker from drying out. Might something similar work w/ the corn? I admit I have never tried this, but in principle it seems like it should do the trick. Perhaps spraying it with water, or brushing on melted butter? Or concocting a mixture of flavoring agents in the recipe dissolved in some kind of liquid & sprayed on? I imagine that would lower the temperature & thus extend the cooking time, but it just might do the trick.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• New grocery store is an amazing high class serve the rich kind of joints. In love with it. They had a show kitchen making rib eyes covered in blue cheese. Holy fuck it was killer. Bought some of those prime ribs, blue cheese, green beans, and a case of St. Arnold's Lawnmower.

Comment

• Making that roasted chipotle-mayo chicken tonight from Homesick Texan.

Ain't sure what to do for a side. Any ideas?

"Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                  *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Never go wrong with taters.

Comment

• Fresh corn is in season too.
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I was kicking around the idea of doing something with potatoes, possibly fingerling potatoes. Anyone know of a good cheese to throw on if I just do roasted smashed fingerling potatoes with caramelized garlic and herbs? I'm kinda sick of regular sharp cheddar and jack. Maybe shaved parmigiano reggiano? I dunno, that might be weird with the Mexican chipotle flavor.
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

• I don't think that cheese with jive.

Comment

• Dammitfuck. A'ight.

~

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                              I was kicking around the idea of doing something with potatoes, possibly fingerling potatoes. Anyone know of a good cheese to throw on if I just do roasted smashed fingerling potatoes with caramelized garlic and herbs? I'm kinda sick of regular sharp cheddar and jack. Maybe shaved parmigiano reggiano? I dunno, that might be weird with the Mexican chipotle flavor.
                              How about Vella Dry Jack? THAT oughta go real well w/ Tex-Mex. I know it's fucking sublime grated over chili in lieu of cheddar. Little hard to find on the East Coast (although I just found a place. . . ), b in Cali you shouldn't have a problem, I'd wager.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Parmesan + mexican = no no for me. But I'm not the reference for Mexican cheeses...

Comment

Working...
                                X