No announcement yet.

Beer. Beer. And more beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Lawrence Clear Water Kolsch was a bit more bitter than one would expect from a Kolsch. Some malty sweetness evident on the aftertaste. This beer is a pleasant warm weather companion.

Yard's Tavern Ale is supposedly based on Thomas Jefferson's original recipe. Has a thick, almost syrupy body. Moderate bitterness is well balanced by malt sweetness. Not a favorite, but interesting. Definitely something rustic and old fashioned about it.

Washington's Tavern Porter, also by Yard's, is brewed with molasses. You'd think it would be sickly sweet, but it was actually LESS sweet than the Jefferson Ale. Bitterness was actually the up front flavor, cleansed by the sweetness that came in behind it and washed it away, pleasantly cleansing the palate. I cannot tell a lie; it ws pretty good.

Sam Adams Rebel IPA. Jim Koch doesn't like West Coast style IPA's. And it shows. While this is a fine beer, and much more well balanced than many West Coast IPA's, West Coast IPA's are often about having an unbalanced and hop heavy character. That kind of unbalanced flavor profile is not evident here. While it's perfectly serviceable, it's not a hop tour de force like many IPA's are, and therefore a little less interesting.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Sorta beer. Had an angry mule at San Pedro Cafe. Habernero infused vodka,lime infused Margarita mix and ginger beer. Soooooo spicy and tasty.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Sam Adams rebel is such a pussy IPA. You called it.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• So it's an IPA that doesn't taste like the inside of a jock strap that's been sitting in the bottom of a moist laundry bag for three weeks?

Comment

• SHUT YOUR MOUTH, IPAs ARE GREAT

Comment

• IPAs are gross. I have no idea how they got so popular.

Comment

• Better than gross fucking stout bullshit.

GET YOUR THICK BEER OUTTA MY FACE

Comment

• I'll co-sign on that. I don't want to drink my meal because it's less room for cheeseburgers.

Comment

• I don't generally like stouts because they taste like coffee. I hate coffee. Only exception so far is Dragon's Milk Stout from New Holland Brewing Co.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Goose Island Pre-Season Lager is good shit. It's an amber lager, kind of along the lines of a Sam Adams, but isn't quite as brashly hop forward, and has more of a sulfurous lager-ish finish. Worth checking out.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                        IPAs are gross. I have no idea how they got so popular.
                        Old post of yours, but fuck IPA so hard in the face.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• IPA's rule, you fucking pantywaists.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                            IPA's rule, you fucking pantywaists.
                            I thought you actually liked beer, not sipping Jersey toilet water.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• IPA's are for derelicts and PNW hippies.

Comment

• Bunch'a fuckin' philistines up in here.

Comment

Working...
                                X