No announcement yet.

Beer. Beer. And more beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad some people enjoy it, but that ain't for me.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      go to jamba juice
      They get pissy when I ask for my smoothie with gin. Even if I bring the gin myself!
      Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• yessss
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I paired some of the EF Porter w/ a grilled steak on Monday night. Didn't really do much for me. It was OK, I guess, but not an electrifying mixture, like I was hoping for. However, on Wednesday I paired the last one w/ a grilled burger. This. . . THIS was the magic I was hoping for! The smokiness really DID wrap itself around the caramelized bits on the burger. One of the best food/beverage pairings ever. You have to try this.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Local brewery did a Love Street Summer Seasonal. Love Street Light Festival was the premier Houston live music club during the 60s and 70s. On principle I had to buy it, and it was damn good. Also, lady friend brought raspberry hefe UFO. WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION IN MY HOME FOR

Comment

• Drank a few Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheats last night. A little hoppier than you'd think a wheat should be, it was still pretty refreshing. Could've used a little sweetness and could have been a litle less bitter. Not quite what I thought it woul;d be when I bought it.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• We finally got Hitachiano beers! The white ale is outstanding.

Comment

• Finishing off a 6 of Yard's Philadelphia Pale Ale. The label says "non traditional formula". It is a bit like other pale ales I've had, w/ a citrusy, piney hoppy opening & finish, but in between a nice counterbalance of malt pushes its way forward. That part's definitely characteristic of a pale ale. Interesting juxtaposition. I see more of these in my future.

Comment

• Sierra Nevada Torpedo Double IPA. A comment was made in these pages some time back that I agreed with, to the effect that SN's offerings were hit & miss. True, but IMO this one's a definite hit. Huge hop forward citrus, piney flavors predominate, but it's perfectly balanced. This is no Arrogant Bastard-like overpowering hops experience. Very, very well done.

Comment

• It was 105F in the shade all weekend, so I drank shandy's like a 14 year old British girl. Please don't be mad at me Iggy

Comment

• Arrogant Bastard isn't overpowering IMO, and the torpedo isn't bad.

I'm taking a break from beer for a bit I think. I'm pretty sure I've had a hangover for a week.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          Arrogant Bastard isn't overpowering IMO, and the torpedo isn't bad.

I'm taking a break from beer for a bit I think. I'm pretty sure I've had a hangover for a week.
                          "Overpowering" maybe isn't the best word for what I mean, but I can't think of a better one. It's definitely good stuff (although it tok me two tries to like it). But as the label proudly declares, it's all about the hop overload, and it surely isn't for everyone. Even seasoned drinkers might shy away from this, whilst quaffing IPA's w/o compunction.

Comment

• Currently finishing off a Sam Adams Ltd. Edition Verloren Gose. Light in body, with, as the label describes, an "unexpected hint of salt" & a hint of "coriander for a touch of peppery spice". Quite refereshing for a sultry Myrtle Beach night. This is, IMO, what Sam's Summer aspires to be. If you can get your hands on this, I HIGHLY recommend it.

Comment

• And on the heels of that, a Honkers Urban Wheat. Pretty much everything you'd expect from an American wheat. Spicy up front with a clean finish. Light in body, this, too is a good warm weather beer. Recommended.

Comment

• Drinking some Anderson Valley Boont Ambers this fine evening. A perfectly balanced combination of malt, the sweetness of which hits you on the opening with a caramel, fruity sweetness (which is never cloying) and again on the aftertaste. In between is a nice medium bodied bitterness, nowhere as strong as that of an IPA or even a Pale Ale. Good show. I have some Hop Ottin IPA's at home that I hven't cracked yet, but I'm really looking forward to that on my return to Jersey.

Comment

Working...
                                X