No announcement yet.

Beer. Beer. And more beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negro Modelo is pretty well regarded as probably the second best Mexican beer. Tecate is good when having Micheladas. There is one Mexican beer that I've read several times is THE BEST, but is insanely rare on this side of the border because they have no US distribution so you only find it at taco trucks and taquerias that bring it over. I'll see if I can find that name.

Comment

• I am not a fan of the dark beers, so I don't drink the Negro Modelo. I drink Modelo Especial. I don't like Corona, Pacifico is OK - it's my mom's favorite. But she calls it Pacifica LOL. I've never even heard of Tecate before... what is that?
      If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Huh, I could have sworn you were the one who recommend Negro Modelo and remarked that beer comes in stubby bottles.

Tecate comes only in cans from what I remember. I've never seen that beer in bottles.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Comes in brown bottles too. Still tastes like week-old diabetic piss. I'll drink it if it's free and ice-cold, though!
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• the diabetic piss, not Tecate

don't want you guys to think I don't have taste
            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Of course, it makes sense I came across Tecate in Silver Lake.

Figures
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Drank a bottle of Great Divide Brewing Company's "Old Ruffian" barleywine ale last night. I picked this up because it was mentioned as a good example of the style in a magazine I saw about beer & cheese pairings. Would have gone great with a blue cheese, but I didn't see any decent brands for sale down here. The beer itself was excellent. Sweet and malty on the opening, with notes of caramel & fruit, giving way to a strong (and I mean STRONG) hop bitterness shortly thereafter, closing on sweet notes again. This was some potent shit, too, at 10.5% ABV. ON the heels of the Stone Ruination IPA I drank immediately before that, I got pretty plastered. I had to re-read the 2d chapter of Boardwalk Empire, which I started last night. I highly recommend this beer. What I remember of it, anyway.
                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Whilst munching on soft French bread spread w/ some chevre, I tried some Harpoon UFO (UnFiltered Offering) witbiers. Not that impressed. Very strong flavored and peppery spicy for a witbier. Not bad, but not what I expected (I expected more of the citrus or banana/bubblegum notes kind of flavor), and it didn't pair well with the chevre at all.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Blue Moon Springe Blonde Wheat Ale

I cannot tell you all how PISSED I am that this is a seasonal beer. I would drink it all year long. Grab some now.

Comment

• Drank some Stone Levitation Ale last night. Pleasantly bitter & hoppy. If you're in the mood for a bbitter beer, this is an excellent choice. Not as tasty or well balanced as the Stone Ruination IPA, but a damned fine brew nonetheless. One of the dinner guests also brought a bottle of Lindeman's raspberry lambic. I love this shit. It's lightly carbonated, and has a very pleasant sweet/tart taste. Easy drinking and very tasty. Goes really well w/ food; it's almost like a fruity soda. Most refreshing. There's like 3 other varieties that I'm aware of; pear, peach, & cherry. I can't recall which of these others I've had in the past. Guess I'll have to try them all again. Just to be sure, you know?

Comment

• Had some Stone Vertical Epic Ale last night. Very, very good. The grapefruit-y hops notes were prominent, but there was quite a bit of malt there to balance things, so it had more of a sweet flavor profile than a hoppy bitter one. The Ruination IPA is still more well balanced & therefore better, but this was pretty damn good. And with a name like "Epic Ale", how can a BDR NOT like it?

Comment

• Anyone had Atiba? Seen it around a few times this week, but have never heard of it before. Looks like kind of beginners beer, because they make a lot of flavors (strawberry for example).

Comment

• Been addicted to Red Chair the last few weeks. It's Deschutes Brewery's seasonal. YUM.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Anyone had Atiba? Seen it around a few times this week, but have never heard of it before. Looks like kind of beginners beer, because they make a lot of flavors (strawberry for example).
                              I have, but to be honest, it's been so long since I have that i don't remember anything about it. I didn't hate it, if that helps.
                              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Drank some River Horse dry hopped pale ale. The neck label says "It's an AMERICAN pale ale, so it's balanced by hops, not buried in them." Pretty good description, but I have had slightly more well balanced beers. It has strong but not overwhelming hoppy bitterness, with races of the grapefruit-y hop essence on the finish. Malty sweetness and the piney flavor of hops finish it off. Still further toward bitter than sweet on the spectrum, it was a pleasant level of biterness. I think this would be a better ale for when you're in a bitter beer mood than most, including the Stone Levitation.

Comment

Working...
                                X