No announcement yet.

Beer. Beer. And more beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Eh, not so much a shenanigan as an opinion. As stated, I'm not fond of drinking really, and there is no beer whose taste I enjoy. Like, I'd much rather drink a milkshake than a beer. But if I'm going to drink a beer, the Bud Ice didn't have much taste and it had a higher alcohol/volume ratio than other comparable beers. So that's why I give it my seal of approval.

PS The bottle is a cool shape too, the texture feels nice on your hand on a hot day because of the flat areas near the neck of the bottle. You can rest your thumb on there and it's pretty refreshing (IMHO)

Comment

• OMGTHATMACANDJACKSWASSOGOOD.
        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Rob, I love you.

Comment

• OMG! I'm so burnt/drunk right now. How do I erase that last comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                Rob, I love you.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The other night I sat out back & smoked afine cigar & drank a few brews. I chose as my future dead soldiers that evening a variety 12 pack from the Ithaca Brewing Co. It was full of winter seasonals. One appeared to be a Christmas/winter ale (& while not outstanding, it was more than servicable). Another was a very strong, bitter & hoppy affair called Casca Zilla. Not something I could drink all night long, becaue it was rally strong & really bitter, but it was a good example of what it was, a hoppy winter lager. The nut brown ale was not especially memorable either way. And rounding out the quartet of flavors in this assortment was my favorite of the bunch, the Smoked Porter. I was kind of hoping this would taste like the old Sam Adams Scotch Ale, whose hops were roasted over peat moss fires. It imparted a unique smoky, peaty flavor to the brew, which was as black as stout but nowhere near as thick. Oddly, I don't like peaty scotches, but loved that beer. ANYWAY, Ithaca's was nothing like that. Rather, the smoking imparted aslightly sweet but never overpowering caramelized character to the malt. Very tasty indeed. I noted the Shop Rite Liquors where I bought this (truly, a Toys R Us for alcoholics) also had a spring assortment, which I'll be buying by the end of the month, if this warm weather trend continues. Highly recommended if you can find it in your neck of the woods.
                  I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Currently drinking: 21st Amendment Brewery - Brew Free! OR DIE IPA

It comes in a can and it isn't too bad. It's nothing special, but for times when you're forced to drink out of cans instead of bottles it's pretty good.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Probably gonna hit the liqour store tomorrow, see what new brewskis I can check out.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Whole Foods' GIGANTOR STORE just opened this month. In an area of Dallas that isn't dry (fucking religious groups).

Their beer selection is insane. You can mix and match your six packs and everything.

Strangely, this spurred me from my usual indecision and instead led to compulsive action.

Yanked a box of Magic Hat's spring brews. They are all glorious. But the "Lucky Kat" is the best, both in alcohol by volume and taste.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                          Yanked a box of Magic Hat's spring brews. They are all glorious. But the "Lucky Kat" is the best, both in alcohol by volume and taste.
                          Had my eye on those for awhile. Ya just sold me.

I had a couple Sam Adams Coastal Wheats last night w/ my cigar. Mehhhhh. . . . not bad, but not great, either. It's brewed with lemon peel, so it's got kind of a refreshing sourness to it, to offset the wheat beer's general lightness & sweetness. But I'm not crazy about the flavor. While I like wheat beer in hot weather, I think I'm generally in favor of the ones w/o the flavor most of the time.
                          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Rocking some Fat Tire at the moment, about to fry up some thick peppered bacon and then I'm going to make a fucking awesome PEPPERJACKBACONBURGEROFAWESOMENESS.

Comment

• I am coming to your house right now.

Comment

• Haha. I have enough for seconds.

Comment

Working...
                                X