No announcement yet.

Beer. Beer. And more beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only beer there is... or should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNTmHfCvnYc

Comment

• I had a bottle of Hop Nugget by Troegs this weekend. As the name implies, very hoppy & a good deal bitter, but an excellent example of a bitter beer. I'm really liking everything that brewery makes.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I was reminded for some reason of my vacation to Alaska 2 years ago. The one constant that marked every phase of the trip was great beer. We even missed a connecting flight in Salt lake City b/c our initial flight took of late from Newark, and I didn't get mad. Because in the airport was a reataurant attached to a microbrewery, and the beer was really good. They made this stuff called Polygamy Porter (the tagline on the T-shirt - which I bought - was "Why have Just one?") was amazing. I don't normally like Porter, but I liked the 4 oz. sample so much I ordered a pint on top of the 6 brew sampler. Definitely made the layover much more bearable (even if the walk up the jetway to the next flight was a little more difficult.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• HAHAHA, I have tried that beer and have that shirt at home.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Once on board the ship, I enjoyed an Alaska Brewing Co. Flagship or Summer almost every time I passed a bar. The Summer was probably my favorite of the two. Kind of like Sam Adams Summer, but less herbally bitter (I don't actually like Sam Adams summer b/c of this). Excellent stuff,and they went really well w/ the cigars I was constantly smoking.

BTW, Do you have ANY idea how many bars there are on your average cruise ship?

Comment

• The last & best beer portion of the Alaskan vacation was on our last night in Anchorage. We went to the Anchorage Brewery, which has a fine restaurant attached to it. I had a 5 beer sampler, and all of them were quite good, but the glass of the special edition Jim Beam lager I ordered after dinner was, quite possibly, the best beer I've ever had. It was aged in oak barrels that had formerly been used to ferment Jim Beam whiskey, and it picked up nuances reminiscent of vanilla & coconut. With no artificial flavoring agents used. Simply sublime. If I ever get my ass back to Alaska (which I aspire to some day), this place is gonna get visited at least once. I looked them up on line after we got back, and they have maybe a half dozen beers they mak all the ime, and over a hundred spcial recipes they make as special editions when the mood hits them. Can't wait to see what they'd have in store on another visit.

Comment

• Last night I smoked a cigar and drank some beer. I had a 22 oz. Dragon's Milk Oak Barrel aged by New Holland Brewing Co. This was amazing. It had a very creamy foundation. Kind of reminded me of a more pleasant Gennessee Cream Ale from Upstate NY (It's got a cult folllowing). Very pleasant, w/ a slight vanilla flavor. I started to feel a bitmore buzzed than I thought I should after finishing it, and noticed for the 1st time it had an ABV of 9%. You'd hardly kow from the taste, it was that smooth & pleasant. An enthusiastic thumbs up all around.

Comment

• I tried Sam Adams Cherry Wheat last night. Not a bad beer. Sometimes the aftertaste was odd. It was kind of different, don't know if I'll go for it again though.

Comment

• That stuff's really refreshing when it's hot outside.

Comment

• I'm not a big booze or beer person, but I really like the Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat - Igg's right, it's great in the summer.
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• While we're on the subject, wheat beers in general are good in the heat. Two I'm particularly fond of at the moment are the aforementioned Troegs Dreamweaver Wheat and the Left Hand Brwing Company's Haystack Wheat.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                          While we're on the subject, wheat beers in general are good in the heat. Two I'm particularly fond of at the moment are the aforementioned Troegs Dreamweaver Wheat and the Left Hand Brwing Company's Haystack Wheat.
                          If I'm in the heat (in the sun, on the beach, etc...), I prefer to drink Corona, Landshark, or Blue Moon. I despise them in other circumstances, but they really work when I'm trying to placate a good sweat.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Corona = failsauce
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              If I'm in the heat (in the sun, on the beach, etc...), I prefer to drink Corona, Landshark, or Blue Moon. I despise them in other circumstances, but they really work when I'm trying to placate a good sweat.
                              In the case that you would like Blue Moon, try Lift Bridge's Farm Girl Saisson instead. It's delicious, plus it's from Stillwater.
                              If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                                Corona = failsauce
                                It's all aboot Negro Modelo in the shit-hot summertime.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X