Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can only get them in Canada and they have like special seasoning on them or something. I still don't really understanding what they are, but they are tasty.

My aunts brought some from Canada for Rob.
    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Variety of flavors or just one?
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• They only brought us one. Not sure if there is more than that...
        If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Jelluz!

Last night's dinner was the last in a pack of organic chicken hot dogs, and the last whole wheat hot dog bun, with spicy brown mustard, and a tangerine. I'm glad it was the last hot dog - damn, I could nosh out on those forever.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Just ate a frog dog. Take a bun, line the interior with French fries. Apply one Hebrew National hot dog(because dem Jews make a good weiner!!), slather with mustard and relish... then nom. Then make another. Then another.

Comment

• That's why they call it dope.

Comment

• Please don't kill me, I have a cat.

Comment

• Good news, my Mom dropped off COOKIES UNLIMITED (the book, not a literally unlimited volume of cookies), so now I can share the Peppery Cheddar Coins recipe.

I'll try and post the relevant info, and not type it out word for word

Pepper of all kinds can be used, cayenne, black, whatever. Choose what suits your taste.( Or go with other herbs or spices , I like curry-- this is my idea not necessarily in the book)

Also you can change up the cheese, but the standard one is Cheddar

You will need:

1 cup flour
                  1/2 tablespoon salt
                  1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (I like more than that cause I like things spicy)
                  4 oz (roughly a cup) coarsely grated sharp cheddar (or another kind of) cheese
                  5 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter, cut into 10 pieces
                  2 cookie sheets or jelly roll pans covered with parchement or foil

1) COMBINE FLOUR SALT PEPPER IN BOWL, STIR WELL TO MIX

2) IN THE BOWL OF A FOOD PROCESSOR FITTED WITH THE STEEL BLADE, COMBINE THE CHEESE AND BUTTER AND PULESE FIVE OR SIX TIMES TO MIX. ADD THE FLOUR MIXTURE AND PULSE ABOUT 8 OR 10 MORE TIMES, OR UNTIL THE MIXTURE JUST FORMS A BALL

3) SCRAPE THE DOUGH ONTO A FLOURED WORK SURFACE AND FORM IT INTO A SQUARE ABOUT 1/2 INCH THICK (I like them slightly thinner than that) . COVER DOUGH WITH PLASTIC WRAP AND REFRIGERATE IT UNTIL IT IS FIRM ENOUGH TO ROLL, (30-60 MINS)

4) WHEN YOU ARE READY TO BAKE THE PEPPERY CHEDDAR COINS, SET THE RACKS IN THE UPPER AND LOWER THIRDS OF THE OVEN AND PREHEAT TO 350 DEGREES

5) DIVIDE THE DOUGH IN HALF AND PLACE ONE HALF ON A LIGHTLY FLOURED WORK SURFACE, AND THE OTHER HALF IN THE REFRIGERATOR UNTIL READY TO USE. LIGHTLY FLOUR THE DOUGH AND ROLL IT OUT TO LESS THAN 1/4 INCH THICK. USE A FLOURED 2 INCH PLAIN OR FLUTED ROUND CUTTER (I prefer XMAS tree shaped cookie cutters) TO CUT OUT THE PEPPERY CHEDDAR COINS. PLACE THEM ON THE PREPARED PANS, LEAVING ABOUT AN INCH ALL AROUND. REPEAT WITH THE REMAINING DOUGH. PRESS TOGETHER AND REROLL THE SCRAPS AS THEY ARE FORMED TO MAKE MORE PCC (I'm now going to use this abbreviation cause I'm sick of typing Peppery Cheddar Coins).

6) BAKE UNTIL THEY ARE FIRM AND A LIGHT GOLDEN COLOR (I like a dark golden color, but whatever). THIS SHOULD TAKE ROUGHLY 20 MINUTES

7) SLIDE THE PAPERS FROM THE PANS TO RACKS TO COOL

8) STORE THE COOLED PCCs BETWEEN SHEETS OF PARCHMENT OR WAX PAPER IN A TIN OR PLASTIC CONTAINER WITH A TIGHT FITTING COVER

That's it. If you happen to make them be sure to tell me what you thought

PS I basically did end up typing it out word for word Oh well.
                  Last edited by Kate; 02-18-2010, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• Last night: Double Stuff with cheddar and bacon on wheat bun from Good Stuff burgers (a neighborhood place that I'm going to sort of miss), an order of sweet potato fries, an order of zucchini parmesan sticks, and half a tuna fish sandwich. Fuck it, I was hungry from lifting. Also, I'm down to 255 already.
                    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                      Explain all dressed chips please.
                      They first have a taste of Ranch BBQ, then they have a savory taste with a hint of sweetness once you've swallowed. All I know is that they are fucking tasty.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Kobe beef hot dog, two tall mugs of Mac and Jacks, and two shots of tequila. AWESOME.
                        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                          Kobe beef hot dog, two tall mugs of Mac and Jacks, and two shots of tequila. AWESOME.
                          Awesome indeed...

I had day old spaghetti (re-fried of course)...with a New Belgium Mothership Wit. Good din din.
                          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Two In & Out burgers with lettece and grilled onions.

I really need to go grocery shopping. But it was late and I just came back from swimming.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Chunky tomato soup and 3 pieces of toast. I'm finally starting to get my appetite back, and it was pretty much all that I had that sounded appetizing.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                                They first have a taste of Ranch BBQ, then they have a savory taste with a hint of sweetness once you've swallowed. All I know is that they are fucking tasty.
                                http://www.petitiononline.com/ruff411d/petition.html

Comment

Working...
                                X