Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanted to eat nothing but cheese, hot wings, etc. But no money until Friday.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Had "breakfast for dinner". Scrambled eggs with a little dill, homemade biscuits, and sausage gravy poured over the whole plate. That and some strong black coffee? Fuck me... it's glorious!

Fuck it. I'm going to start posting recipes.

Comment

• I LOVE having breakfast for dinner.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I had leftover duck stock.

So I pitched in some carrots, celery, onions, garlic and cooked those in the duck fat that was on top of my cold duck stock. Deglazed with some opened port and a bit of also opened port jelly, added some tomato paste for color, salt/pepper, some blood orange peel and juice. Poured the duck stock and some chicken stock. Let that simmer for a couple of hours.

EDIT: Added some milk, for texture. Sadly, no cream in da house.... Blended it to a smooth texture. Voila.

Had this for lunch. Marvelous.

Next time, I'll add some bacon with the veggies, because it is awesome.
          Last edited by Martin; 02-10-2010, 01:19 PM.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• << is going to Martin's for dinner...

Comment

• Damn, that does sound pretty fucking tasty. Last night was burger and fries night thanks to LOST.

Tonight is chicken, steamed veggies and rice. CANNOT WAIT.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Shit, forgot to add say I added milk and blended it. Makes a huge difference.

Had burgers yesterday. Mmmm...
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The wife unit came home yesterday with a bunch of groceries from her parents' house. They're both in a nursing home at the moment (she's dealing with pancreatic cancer), so we wanted to get rid of any food that was going to spoil.

We now have eggs coming out of our ears.

As such, I made 'breakfast' for dinner last night: Scrambled eggs on toast with salsa, cheese, and tabasco sauce. We're gonna be eating eggs all weekend, I can tell.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• And there is nothing wrong with that!

I made a "kitchen sink frittata" last night. Asparagus, tomatos, mushrooms, prosciutto, and a few pineapple chunks.

a little crusty bread with olive oil on the side...

wash it down with an amusing Beaujolais from last year...

Capital, my man... positively capital!

Comment

• Last night I had fillet mignon with a baked potato and salad. Yummy. My sister's birthday is Valentine's Day so I am taking her and the girlfriend out tonight for a combined dinner at One's A Meal. Amazing Greek place, with the best restaurant owner in town. I saw him once cuss out the non-present owner of a competing Greek joint in front of a packed room, plenty of kids as well. Why? Someone only mentioned how much better One's A Meal was.

I plan on getting tiropita. If you have never had it, Google it. Saw it on No Reservations one night, and that weekend I tried it for the first time. Delicious appetizer.

Comment

• Oh God, that thing looks delicious.
                        If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Tiropita? It so is. And you can stuff it with different kinds of cheeses.

Comment

• Peanut butter sandwich on double-protein wheat bread and a glass of milk. Left the fucking milk out on the counter. Forgot that I always sleep like shit when I eat carbs right before bed, so I tossed and turned all night and got maybe an hour of sleep tops. So much stuff going through my head right now that I'm just like GAAAHHHH
                            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• tyropita is awesome. We have a couple of Greek restaurants that sell it around here, and it's some serious chow.

Lima: that fritatta sounds awesome. I may want to try that with the mountain of eggs that we have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                tyropita is awesome. We have a couple of Greek restaurants that sell it around here, and it's some serious chow.

Lima: that fritatta sounds awesome. I may want to try that with the mountain of eggs that we have.
                                I'll PM you a recipe...

Comment

Working...
                                X