Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah. The stuff we get says "Hot Italian Sausage"
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Is it ground?
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• You can get it ground or ground it yourself. Basically want it to look like ground hamburger when you're done cooking.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• damn, Rob. your recipe for meat sauce is almost identical to mine. I do 4 jars of spaghetti sauce (brand doesn't matter, just make sure that it says 'flavored with meat' on it), 2 pounds of hamburger, and 2 pounds of hot Italian sausage. Add onions, garlic, and ground chili pepper to taste and let it simmer for 4 hours.

Potent stuff.

I freeze what I don't use and let it develop even more potency. It lasts for a couple of months of good eatin'.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• 4 jars of sauce? That's a lot of sauce. I just stick with one can.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
              4 jars of sauce? That's a lot of sauce. I just stick with one can.
              Yeah, but you're gay.

In all seriousness, I just make a huge batch every time that I make it. As I said, it grows in potency and awesomeness as it ferments in the freezer, so I want to make it last as long as I can.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                Yeah, but you're gay.
                ?

Anyway, perhaps it's because being a single guy. All I need is a can of Hunt's sauce.

And speaking of sauce, according to Eat This, Not That you're better off with Clasico over Prego. Less sugar in the sauce.

Comment

• Good to know. I actually try and get the Classico or Newman's Own over any of the other brands.

Comment

• Prego tastes better. I'll take the sugar.

Comment

• I had Rally's...stay away from the Frank's Red Hot Sauce double chicken sandwich...honestly it fucking sucks. I've got it twice now and realized it fucking sucks again. Stick with the Big Buford.
                      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Where is there a Rally's in LA (Not that I'd want to go. The food sucked)? I haven't seen a Rally's since the old Hollywood and Sunset location became a Carl's?

Comment

• On Venice and Hughes, just north of where Sony Studios is...Culver City area.
                          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Rule of thumb on red sauces? The longer the slow simmer, the better the sauce.

Ed failing on making only single portions. Freeze that shit for quick lunches. Matt is 100% correct, freezing a slow simmered batch only enhances the flavor.

Another side note, the longer the simmer time the less sugar needed to cut the acidity of the tomatoes.
                            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                              Looks amazing.
                              Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                              My heart (and penis) jumped.
                              You can't beat a bit of Donegal Catch, gents! Particularly, if there's a chip butty or two involved.
                              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQhBfRDd6GM

Comment

Working...
                                X