Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a fantastic idea for a thread. Chud could really use one of these

I usually try to eat only once a day (usually late at night before I go to bed) and get all my nutrition in at that one meal.

So, what did I eat yesterday for dinner?

Caesar Salad
    Pepperidge Farms Chocolate Chunk Cookies
    Cheddar Cheese Pita Chips
    Energy-flavored Chill Zone (local variation on 7/11's slurpee)

Comment

• Once a day? That can't be healthy. I did laugh at the salad thrown in there with Pepperidge Farms Cookies and Cheddar cheese chips.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Last night was killer porkchops, mashed tators and some steamed veggies. Tonight, some grilled chicken breasts, steamed veggies and some rice. YUM.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I used to partake of the Kate diet back in the 90s (when I was in my mid 20s). My metabolism was wierd, and I really only got HUNGRY hungry at dinner. I'd munch a bit during the day, but nothing spectacular. That couldn't have been healthy...

Last night: Roast beef, mashed potatoes, and corn.
          Tonight: Mattar Paneer with peas and basmatti rice.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            I used to partake of the Kate diet back in the 90s (when I was in my mid 20s). My metabolism was wierd, and I really only got HUNGRY hungry at dinner. I'd munch a bit during the day, but nothing spectacular. That couldn't have been healthy...

Last night: Roast beef, mashed potatoes, and corn.
            Tonight: Mattar Paneer with peas and basmatti rice.
            Well, as for the health factor, my mom had similar concerns at one point because she too assumed eating once a day would be less than healthy. So, she had me ask my doctor, and what I was told at the time was that it is basically healthy as long as it isn't causing me any problems.

If I get super hungry during the day I'll eat, but for the most part, I do not get hungry before 8PM. I like to eat a big meal before bed because then I can go to bed full. If I start to get hungry again when I'm trying to sleep, it becomes impossible to drift off. When I wake up, I'm already full of nutrition and don't need to worry about breakfast or lunch.

Now, I'm sure living my life with cookies as an integral part of the food pyramid is not ideal. My diet has been a little unusual lately, I'll be the first to admit that. I've been living on my own (at my Dad's house while he gets better from surgery) for seven months, and frankly feel a little overwhelmed by stuff like dishes and cleaning up after cooking. So I'm eating alot of take out/prepared foods, basically. Plus, I'm a little OCD about food-hygiene ever since I watched "The Aviator" and it takes me forever to cook anything. So most nights it ends up being easier just to open a package of cookies than to deal with preparing a complex meal

(also, many do not realize this, but cookies have protein. )

EDIT: Plus, Rob, they're pita chips which are baked and not fried. I love potato chips too, but I end up eating them alot less than I eat pita chips. Pita chips have been on sale forever at my local grocery store, as have cookies, for the past few weeks
            Last edited by Kate; 01-05-2010, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• I've been eating bomb homemade holiday leftovers for the past 2 weeks given to me by my Birthgiver. Ham, turkey, roast, casseroles, stuffings, various fruit and veggie salads, cookies, pies.

Comment

• I had a lot of beef cubes this weekend, so yesterday we had a Goulash with homemade Spaetzle. Awesome.

And I prepared yesterday a Boeuf bourguignon that I'll serve with Garlic mashed potatoes for tomorrow.

Tonight: Nachos Supreme!*

* With EVERYTHING on top
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I love me spaetzle. You use one of those slider/grater things?
                  We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                  - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• DROOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                      I love me spaetzle. You use one of those slider/grater things?
                      No, it was a nightmare. It was my 1t time doing spaetzles. I had to push the dough through a slotted spoon, but it didn't work.So I ended up droping a big lump and chop it in the boiling water. Quite barbaric. The taste was awesome though.

Comment

• Shame. Definitely pick one up (and cheap). SOOOOO easy to use. Did you use milk or seltzer? I prefer seltzer. Boils up a little better (IMO).
                        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• "Boeuf bourguignon"

Is that the dish Julia Childs popularized?
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Who the fuck is Julia Childs?

It's classic French cooking. Passed down from my mom.

Comment

• Child. Whoops. Saw something about it on some Food Network show.
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Who the fuck is Julia Childs?

It's classic French cooking. Passed down from my mom.

Martin has a boner for Julia Child.

Comment

Working...
                                X