Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
    I’ve got a pork loin to make for tonight. Not sure what I want to do with it, probably something involving balsamic vinegar. And I’ll roast some carrots and make a spicy mayo to go with.
    Heeeeeeeeeell yeah.

Made cod last night. Coated with a tiny bit of flour, then paprika, onion powder, salt, pepper. Cooked it in some butter. Then tossed in a bit more butter, chicken stock, and diced up garlic to make a sauce. It was awesome.

Comment

• it's mine and Sarah's dad's birthdays so I got 3 racks of ribbing going, Sarah made focaccia, then we are gonna make an arugula salad with golden raisins and pistachios. Sister is bringing potato salad and roasted squash. We got two cakes, her dad loves this berry chantilly cake at whole foods and my dad got a carrot cake.

Comment

• yeahhh boyyyye
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yummm! Hope it was amazing!

Went to my parents for dinner and had pulled pork, mom’s coleslaw and corn on the cob. Sofa king tasty.
          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Lesley was at her bro's last night so I went easy again with a chicken patty and some fries. I don't cook for just myself. It's a waste of time if someone isn't going to tell me how good it is lol.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I’m with you. It’s just not worth the dishes. If I’m not making dinner for all of us, I usually stick with pb&j or popcorn.
              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I used to love cooking something Sarah doesn't really like whenever she's gone. Now I am just like "fuck it I'm ordering thai."

Comment

• my people

Comment

• Made this half baked harvest chicken recipe last night. Those cookbooks are legit if you want more "healthy" ideas. Chicken was:

4 chicken breasts
                    1 table spoon paprika
                    1 tea spoon cinnamon
                    2 tea spoons cumin
                    2 tea spoons red pepper flakes (i did extra)
                    Salt and pepper to taste
                    honey and olive oil
                    4 diced garlic cloves

Baked it off at 450 degrees for about 25 minutes.

Meanwhile the recipe called for arugula, but ours went bad so we improvised with some carrots and broccoli.

Back to the recipe, it called for various fresh herbs so we cut up some dill, rosemary, and thyme. it also wanted hummus, so we did a roasted pepper hummus and mixed in sesame seeds. I wasn't sure what I thought but it adds a nice crunchy salty bite in the hummus. We also pan cooked some diced sweet potatoes

Once the veggies and potatoes finished we tossed them in all the fresh herbs, and tossed the hummus on the plate. We then added feta on top (trader joe's makes the best feta, go get it there) and the rest of the herbs.

Was a good fucking plate. Will be making it again.

Comment

• sounds good man. Had a quick and easy peanut curry chicken with pickled veggies and white rice.

Comment

• Last night the wife and I had date night. I had a huge T-bone and baked potato IT WAS WONDERFUL
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Chicken noodle casserole. I fucking love casseroles. Unabashedly, unapologetically. I was raised on them and will never understand the hatred people have for them.

Comment

• Cashew chicken with rice and roasted cauliflower. So good.

Comment

• Mmmmm, I do enjoy a good roasted cauliflower.

Comment

• One of our favorite restaurants has the PERFECT cauliflower with golden raisins and pine nuts and we are always trying to get slightly closer to it. Whenever we decide to move away that is going to be the thing we really miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X