Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered a bunch of spices and shit so I can try my hand at a butter chicken recipe. Been craving Indian food
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• So my butter chicken recipe was kind of butt the day of but was better the next day. First Matty M recipe that wasn't great. And it's because it was only like 40% of what you do to make it. Found a legit indian recipe that I'm going to try again that will have me do way more work but hopefully will be what I'm looking for.

Made a killer seared scallop and mushroom risotto with truffle shavings for Vday for Lesley. Also tried my hand at desert which was a chocolate ball made from simmering cream and melting chocolate before letting it set and rolling in chopped pistachios. Legit. She loved it. Felt good man.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Matty Matheson lasagna is absolutely fucking KILLER.

Comment

• Last batch of chili is simmering until next November or December.

Comment

• Ham and white bean soup with drop biscuits. Good old comfort food.
            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• made a tasty crispy skin salmon dish over a bed of farrow topped with some salsa verde. Good stuff.

Comment

• Made myself a NY Times recipe for coconut rice with shrimp and corn. Super tasty and done in one pot, which is nice. It’s behind the paywall, though, so if anyone is interested, let me know and I’ll type it out.
                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Made a killer chicken shawarma recipe topped with a lemon mayo. Shit was banging.

Comment

• Made a fucking awesome seared duck breast topped with a blueberry shallot sauce paired with mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus/watermelon radishes. So goddamn good. Love duck soooo much.

Comment

• a pretty tasty chicken shawarma dish with couscous and veggies. Need to make it again soon.

Comment

• Made a killer sweet chili tilapia with sesame breadcrumbs with sauteed snap peas and garlic rice. Practically licked my plate clean.

Comment

• Oooooo, that sounds amazing. I’m in another “I don’t fucking feel like cooking” rut. Nothing sounds good. Summer is upon us so it’s too hot to make anything inside, but I’m sick of grilling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
                            Oooooo, that sounds amazing. I’m in another “I don’t fucking feel like cooking” rut. Nothing sounds good. Summer is upon us so it’s too hot to make anything inside, but I’m sick of grilling.
                            This is where we are. And it has been storming so it's extra humid and extra mosquitos here. I ended up buying us Mediterranean last night, but tonight I have to suck it up and either go outside and grill or ton on the oven.

Comment

• I haven't even broken out my grill yet. It's kind of dumb but since I don't drink anymore, and I sort of associate grilling with drinking beer, I haven't had the urge to do so.

Comment

• We grill like 90% of our meals just because it's either too fucking hot for the oven, or it's nice outside and I want to sit outside with the dogs for 20 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X