Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanks, man!
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• np.

I'd also not use oil to fry it next time and instead just pop it on a hot cast iron pan and let it brown up that way (although I'm not entirely sure the seams would cook closed that way or not...) I also didn't cut out a smaller tortilla, I just used a taco sized tortilla for that since I always have those around.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        np.

I'd also not use oil to fry it next time and instead just pop it on a hot cast iron pan and let it brown up that way (although I'm not entirely sure the seams would cook closed that way or not...) I also didn't cut out a smaller tortilla, I just used a taco sized tortilla for that since I always have those around.
        totally use oil, just use less of it. haha.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• made a super quick and tasty baked tilapia with a buttery panko topping on some marinated baby tomatoes and diced poblano. Paired it with a lime rice mixed with toasted pepitas.

Tasty.

Comment

• Calabrian chili shrimp with orzo, zucchini,topped with parm. so goooooood

Comment

• Made my amazing white chicken chili on Sunday. Lasts 3-4 days so it's perfect for winter and tastes even better on subsequent days.

It's one of the best things I make.

Comment

• Sarah made chicken pot pie that was AMAZING. The recipe was for one pie...it made two full pies plus enough for a small bowl of filling.

So this leads me to a question. Chicken pot pie/shepherd's pie has a bottom crust right? Sarah did not do a bottom crust...which I said that's not a pie! Turns out the bottom crust debate is hot and heavy online.

Comment

• Sheperds pie def does not have a bottom crust imo.. Chicken pot pie can have one or not, but technically not a pie if it doesn't. I've never heard of a sheperds pie with bottom crust.

Comment

• You and I are aligned Rob. Sarah is opposite. And she is not alone based on other damaged people online.

Comment

• Shepherd’s pie, no bottom crust. My mom has never done a bottom crust on her chicken pot pie, so I didn’t even know it was a thing until I discovered Marie Callender’s as a teenager. If someone wants to make me a pot pie with a bottom crust, I will happily eat it. But my lazy ass isn’t going to make it that way.
                      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Made a fucking DELICIOUS soy glazed crispy skin duck breast with a side of fried rice last night. Lesley really wants me to make duck for xmas so I've been practicing in hopes of not ruining it.... So goddamn good. Only recently started eating duck but it just may be one of my favorites now.

Comment

• That sounds amazing, Rob.

We had Christmas “dinner” at Nathan’s parents. 5 inch lasagna, simple salad and my homemade bread. We probably should have stayed there and napped. Fucking food coma fuel. So good

Comment

• We wanted veggies...so we made a simple arugula salad...but were still hungry. Had a half dozen bean tamales from our Xmas stash on the side.

Comment

• Lesley went out to her brothers for dinner last night so I decided to sous vide a ny strip for 2 hours, the seared that bitch in oil and bathed it with butter, garlic and rosemary. Paired it with some fried garlic potatoes. Shit was grubbbbin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                Lesley went out to her brothers for dinner last night so I decided to sous vide a ny strip for 2 hours, the seared that bitch in oil and bathed it with butter, garlic and rosemary. Paired it with some fried garlic potatoes. Shit was grubbbbin.
                                This is exactly what we are doing for New Year's Dinner.

Comment

Working...
                                X