Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom’s hamburger soup: ground beef, big ass can of tomato juice and frozen mixed veggies. Stir in some seasonings of your choice(I go with garlic, onion, basil and bay leaf) and simmer for a while. Drop biscuits on the side and nom. Good comfort food, I just wish it hadn’t been 83 degrees today.
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Made that lamb rack, roasted potatoes, and broccoli. Lamb was good, but the new oven temp is totally off. It runs cold for sure. The fat cap did not render at all. I ordered an oven thermometer to check the real temp, and see if we can calibrate it.

Comment

• Ugh, that’s a pain in the ass. Our oven at our old place was almost 10 degrees off, so I feel your pain!
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
          Mom’s hamburger soup: ground beef, big ass can of tomato juice and frozen mixed veggies. Stir in some seasonings of your choice(I go with garlic, onion, basil and bay leaf) and simmer for a while. Drop biscuits on the side and nom. Good comfort food, I just wish it hadn’t been 83 degrees today.
          That sounds amazing but not at that temp hahah.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            Made that lamb rack, roasted potatoes, and broccoli. Lamb was good, but the new oven temp is totally off. It runs cold for sure. The fat cap did not render at all. I ordered an oven thermometer to check the real temp, and see if we can calibrate it.
            that shit looked amazing man. Good job.

My duck came out pretty awesome. Lesley now wants me to make it again for xmas. Not bad for my first time. Took about 20 mins for the duck, rested 10 mins while I cooked the brown butter and grapes sauce.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• We were talking about doing duck for Christmas since we never had.

Comment

• My (extended)family always had goose for Christmas, along with ham. I fucking love goose, but I was in the minority in our family.

Comment

• Sam the Cooking Guy’s chicken chimichangas. They were relatively easy to make, simple ingredients(which was perfect for this picky-ass household) and tasty AF. Would absolutely recommend and we’ll definitely be making them again.

Comment

• Made some pork schnitzel with roasted squash/apples and a tasty quick potato salad made with shallots, mustard, vinegar, and some pancetta I crisped up in a pan prior.

tasty.

Comment

• We had a loaf of my homemade bread that was going to go sideways soon, so I made French toast in the oven this morning. Fucking tasty.

Comment

• I so wish I liked baking.

Comment

• Yeah, but you got the cooking thing going for you.

Comment

• Made a fucking AMAZING homemade crunchwrap supreme this weekend. Legit going to be adding this to meal planning going forward instead of just beef tacos.

easy as fuck to make and super filling. Didn't take a picture cause I scarfed it down so goddamn fast.

Comment

• Good old fashioned meatloaf from my mom’s mid-sixties era Betty Crocker. Sofa king delicious and perfect comfort food on a rainy day.

Rob, care to share the recipe?

Comment

• No problem. Basic recipe below. But make it your own and it'll be even better.

That being said, I changed it up and it was awesome. I made legit taco meat (with the seasoning in a packet and water). I used pico instead of straight tomatoes (just drained it completely). And added hot sauce at the end. Otherwise, that video takes you through it perfectly. My only suggestion is to lower the heat when frying it. I had it at medium and at 3 minutes it was a bit too dark. Next time, a bit lower and a bit longer will work.

Comment

Working...
                                X