Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotdamn.

Comment

• Just what I was going to say
      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• thanks! It was super tasty.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Marinated a pork loin in a Dijon/brown sugar/white wine vinegar marinade and grilled it. Fucking yum.
          Also made The Pioneer Woman’s pumpkin cinnamon rolls. I was a little disappointed at the lack of pumpkin flavor, but otherwise tasty.
          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I miss Lesley's baking : (

Made my awesome fish tacos last night and they were grubbbbbbbbbbin.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I made chicken adobo in the Instapot yesterday. When Sarah moved in years ago I tossed my crockpot because "the instapot can do slow cooking!" and it has NEVER done slow cooking right like a crock pot. Everything cooked, but the chicken didn't fall apart, and was a bit tough. Flavor didn't hit the chicken well. We ended up shredding it, throwing it back in to soak up the flavor, and we will warm it in the afternoon and hope it tastes better.

Comment

• yeah, I kept my crock pot specifically because of that. Lesley wanted to toss it once we got our instapot as well but I refused lol. And now I'm going to make some fucking carnitas in it today to be devoured tonight. CANNOT WAIT.

Comment

• Yeah, I’ve noticed the same thing. My pot roasts aren’t nearly as good any more. I don’t *want* another appliance taking up cabinet space, but fuck I miss my slow cooker.

Comment

• OK so it's not just me being an idiot? Sarah claims she never had an issue with it until moving in with me, so we bought a NEW Instapot and had same issue. Fuck it I will buy another damn crockpot.

Comment

• yeah, I read reports of that when we first got our pot so I just kept the crock as well. At this point, I use our crock WAY MORE than our instant. I can't remember the last time I used the instapot.

Comment

• I like it better than our old pressure cooker for beef and noodles and other things I want to do “quick”. But for some reason I kept the pressure cooker and got rid of the crock pot. I chose poorly.

Comment

• Lesley wanted creme brulee so I'm making it again. Still trying to get this one perfected. Haven't done it yet (even though it always tastes good) and am hoping this time is the one.

Comment

• We are gonna make rack of lamb we got at a farmer's market, with roasted red potatoes and veggies at some point this weekend.

Comment

• oh shit man. That sounds awesome.

Never made lamb before.

Pretty sure I'm doing duck breasts this weekend at some point. fingers crossed.

Comment

• Mmmmmm, duck….. that’s some tasty stuff right there. I’ve been in a cooking funk recently. Just sick of cooking and sick of everything I make. Been relying heavily on boxed mac and cheese and spaghettios for the kids and microwave popcorn for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X