Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
    Fuck that sounds amazing
    If you don't have the space/money for a larger smoker an electric one can get the smaller jobs done fine!

Comment

• Found a new recipe to try that’s essentially chicken pot pie in a skillet with a can on biscuits cut and sprinkled on top. It called for a can of concentrated chicken broth. I found concentrated chicken stock. Not the same. We took a few bites and had to shitcan the whole thing. It was like going into a salt mine and licking the walls. Next time I’m just using regular chicken broth and reducing it down.
      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• French bread pizza. The first time I made it was pretty bland. This time I kind of followed a recipe from Cook’s Country and got damn it was good. I may make this shit for lunch this week as well. The house still smells amazing and we ate over 3 hours ago.
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• That's always the best when you make something so good that the smell just sticks around and you just want to eat more of it.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Lesley was feeling nice last night and made her amazing baked mac and cheese. It's my favorite thing she makes. So goddamn good. Used a different pasta this time and it's now going to be the norm going forward.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Went out with my best friend and her husband for my birthday dinner. Made reservations at a new pizza/pasta place opened by one owners of one of our favorite restaurants. Felt amazing to get out on a patio with friends, especially on the last night before humidity hits us again. We ended up dropping like $300, but it was absolutely worth it. We had fried chicken, fried mussels, sauteed mushrooms (gross), a chard and fennel pizza, a sausage and peppers pizza, some pasta (forgot what kind), and these incredible fried mozzarella balls. Desert we had this super rich chocolate "salami" which was a log of frozen chocolate with all kinds of nuts and berries in it, someone got a sundae, I got a root beer float. They make all their ice cream in house and it was perfect.

Comment

• awesome man. Glad you were able to celebrate and enjoy your birthday.

Comment

• Thanks. It was great. We sat on the patio, and they have a HUGE patio so the tables were all like 10' apart and I kind of hope it stays that way because despite it being packed we didn't feel cramped or like we were listening in on other conversations and shit. Just an awesome night.

Comment

• made a pretty great togarashi popcorn chicken dish last night with a sweet chili slaw and rice. Dug it.

Comment

• some badass calabrian marinated shrimp with zucchini and orzo. Shit was grubbing.

Comment

• picked up 2 pounds of steamers this weekend and threw together an impromptu clam feast. So goddamn good.

Comment

• Made a killer thai style tilapia dish last night. Fucking goooooood.

Comment

• Basic cheeseburgers for Nathan and I. Plain burgers for the kids. And they still wouldn’t eat them. Communists.

Comment

• To the gulags.

Comment

• Gulag, you say?

Comment

Working...
                                X