Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One pot pasta with ricotta and lemon from New York Times cooling section. Soooo good.
    I can post the recipe if anyone is interested, since NYT has a damn paywall.
    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I loved the NYT Cooking site until it went behind a paywall

I will definitely use it, we love pastas we can throw some chicken into.

I made another brisket. It was another failure. My smoker will not hold a fucking temp and it is killing me. Sarah is all upset that I am mad at the smoker because it was her birthday gift to me. But I am about to throw down for the Traeger pellet smoker after the house reno is done.

Comment

• Pellet smokers from what I hear are fucking phenomenal. The wife is trying to buy me one but I'm barely home enough to cook bacon right now.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I showed Sarah and she told me it seems like a reasonable investment. We did spend an extra $2k on the double oven she wanted for the house, so maybe I get one for my birthday.

Comment

• Ari needs to chime in here as he has a pellet smoker and uses the fucker constantly. So jealous.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• https://www.traegergrills.com/pellet...pro/780-bronze

This is the one I am going to get.

Comment

• I think that's what Ari has.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Woah. That’s one fancy smoker!
                  Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I'd kill for one but can't justify the price at the moment but the moment I get a house with a backyard I'll be looking at grabbing one. If anything, this pandemic has turned me into a miser. I no longer like spending my money and would rather just sit on it.

Comment

• tonight is going to be my awesome fried chicken sandwiches. Been marinating them in buttermilk, eggs, and hot sauce overnight. CANNOT WAIT.

this recipe is the shit and makes enough for an awesome lunch tomorrow too. Once I figured out how to properly reheat my fried chicken it was a game changer.

Comment

• I actually told Sarah we need to make some chicken sandwiches, and just let me marinate and grill them instead of frying them. She said she would make homemade biscuits for them. Shit is going down.

Comment

• Hell yeah man, I recommend getting a nice angel hair cabbage slaw made with some kewpie mayo and your favorite hot sauce and honey (I use the nugget spicy honey and it's AMAZING) mixed in top top them with. So goddamn good.

I was going to make my own biscuits but the bakery at our grocery store makes these awesome rolls that work really well for toasting and constructing the sandwiches.

Comment

• Yeah, we have a Traeger but ours doesn't have the built in wifi. We love it so much and use it constantly. It's only given us a few issues so make sure you clean it after 2-3 uses and if the fire goes out while you're using it, best to remove the meat and clean it before starting it up again. If the fire goes out, the Traeger will continue to cycle pellets for a time before it shuts off, so if you just start it up again, they'll be an abundance of pellets at the bottom and you can expect a mini forest fire. That's only happened to us twice.
                            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Made my super tasty homemade sloppy joes last night. Wish I had brisket to use as ground beef but just used some normal ground chuck I had. Fucking grubbin.

Comment

• Made the slow cooker creamy chicken chili again. So damn good. And the only thing I would change is adding liquid if we wanted to stretch the recipe. Otherwise, it’s perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X