Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks incredible. I've only had burger bowls for like 2 months since the doctor has me on low carb low sugar

Comment

• Made a variant on my fried chicken sandwiches this weekend. Decided to try a variation of Nashville hot chicken on a few pieces. Not bad, but can make it better.

Basically did my 24 hour buttermilk/hotsauce/egg marinade, fried them at a low temp and when I was done I took about a cup of hot oil and mixed it with brown sugar, cayenne, pepper, paprika, etc, and then brushed it on the finished pieces.

Was definitely tasty but I can make the flavor profile a bit less sweet and more spicy next time.

Also added a new slaw to them that was aces.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Homemade buttermilk waffles and sausage links. I love breakfast for dinner and these are for real the BEST waffles.
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• What type of waffle maker do you have? I've been looking at getting one
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I actually have two. A Cuisinart and a Dash mini waffle maker. I like the Dash for making Eggo sized waffles to freeze. I wanted a square one for the big iron, but apparently the only squares now are Belgian waffles and I don’t futz with those.
            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Wait, what's the difference between a normal waffle and a Belgium one? I only eat eggo but want to start fucking with new recipes.

Comment

• Belgian waffles have bigger and deeper pockets/holes/wells, whatever you want to call them. And restaurants use a different batter(it’s a little sweeter), but you certainly don’t have to at home.

ETA: my waffle recipe is on page 72 of the Kickass Recipe Thread
                Last edited by Ingrid; 09-11-2020, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• Made some fucking amazing pork carnitas tacos last night. Easy as balls too. First time making it and according to Lesley I knocked it outta the park.

Get like 3-4 pounds boneless pork shoulder. Cut it up in big chunks. Coat with spice rub made from salt, cumin, mexican oregano, chili powder, black pepper. Toss in slow cooker. Chop up a serrano pepper, jalapeno, half onion and toss on top. Throw in 5-6 smashed cloves of garlic. Add the juice of 3 limes, 3 oranges. Cover and cook on low for about 6-8 hours.

Take pork out of cooker, pull it (it will just fall apart when you pick it up anyways), throw on a baking sheet. Ladle some of the juice from the cooker over it and pop it under the broiler for a few mins until chunks are dark and crispy.

Heat up some tortillas, pop the pork on it, top with cojita or jack cheese, raw onion, cilantro, pico de gallo if you want. BOOM. Awesome tacos that are cheap, easy to make, and gives you leftovers.

Comment

• Made an awesome pork butt this weekend for pulled pork sandwiches. So goddamn good. So much pork this weekend.

Comment

• Homemade mac and cheese from my mom’s old ass Betty Crocker. Sofa king good. Top it off with some stewed tomatoes, if you’re into that kind of thing and nom.

Comment

• Our quarantine friends pod is doing small friendsgiving tomorrow. I am smoking ribs for it. Got a test rack in the smoker right now, so if they fuck up somehow I can adjust and grab another rack to do tomorrow.

Comment

• made my awesome pork carnitas recipe on friday and ate tacos all weekend. SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Comment

• Cold front finally. Chili on the stove top. Frito pie for dinner, BABY.

https://www.homesicktexan.com/2009/0...li-recipe.html

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Cold front finally. Chili on the stove top. Frito pie for dinner, BABY.

https://www.homesicktexan.com/2009/0...li-recipe.html
                              Yassss
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Got up at 5am to start smoking a 14lbs brisket.

Comment

Working...
                                X