Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    hella easy and hella cheap man

THINGS YOU NEED:
    • medium saute pan
    • tongs
    • paper towels

INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
    • 2 tilapia fillets
    • canola oil
    • shallot
    • 2 limes
    • package of slaw
    • mayo
    • sriracha
    • flour tortillas
    • tempura batter
    • salt/pepper
    • optional hot sauce
    • optional cilantro (if you like cilantro)

Rinse your produce and dry it

Prepare your shit:
    1. Halve and peel shallot. Slice into thin strips
    2. Halve your limes and juice 3 of those halves. Cut the remaining one in half
    3. OPTIONAL: Stem cilantro, leave leaves whole
    4. Cut tilapia in to bite sized chunks (like 1"in or so, maybe 2" depending on preference). Season it with salt and pepper

Make slaw and pickled shallot:
    1. Take sliced shallot and add 2 tablespoons (I use more depending on much shallot I have) and a pinch or two salt in a bowl. Mix that shit up.
    2. Take the slaw mix and put it in another bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of mayo, and at least 2 tsp of sriracha (more or less if you like it) with a pinch of salt. MIX IT.
    3. Throw both of those bowls in the fridge until ready to eat.

Make the tempura batter:
    • Combine 1/3 cup of tempura mix and 1/4 cup COLD water in a bowl. Add more water by the tablespoon until the consistency is thin. The thinner the batter the crispier and less greasy the finished fish will be.

Get ready for frytown:
    • Add pan over medium high heat and add about 6-7 oz of canola oil.
    • heat for at least 5 minutes
    • Test oil by dropping a drop of tempura batter in. If it browns immediately turn down the heat and let the oil cool for a minute or two. If it doesn't brown at all, increase heat a bit.
    • Wrap tortillas in damp pamper towel and place on a plate. This recipe makes about 6 tacos or so.

FRY FISH FRY
    1. Line a plate with paper towels
    2. Dip fish in batter to cover evenly.
    3. Work in batches here: add pieces to oil carefully for about 2-3 mins a side. Use common sense. If shit is burning TAKE IT OUT. But 2-3 on each side works good on my end.
    4. Transfer to plate. Salt lightly immediately.
    5. Rinse. Repeat.

Warm tortillas (the lazy way):
    1. When your last batch of fish is about to come out, throw the wrapped torillas in the microwave for like 45-60 seconds until warm.

PLATE THOSE BITCHES:
    1. Fish
    2. Slaw
    3. Pickled shallot
    4. cilantro (if you want)
    5. squeeze lime wedges over tacos
    6. add hot sauce if you're a fan. I'm fan of hot sauce.

EATTTTTTT THESE FUCKS. SO GOOD.
    Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• We've made it a few times now and it's tasty and easy. Fun part is that you switch up what ever you want to add to your tacos. Boom Boom sauce is tasty, grilled pineapple, etc...

THE SKY IS THE LIMIT.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Sarah bought some ground lamp. Tossed it in a bowl with garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary. Formed them into small medallions. I tossed them all on the grill for about 5 minutes each side. Tasty as fuck. We are going to toss them in with some grilled veggies and a tahini dressing.

Comment

• LAMP?!?!?!?!?????
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
            LAMP?!?!?!?!?????

Hell yeah, it was lit.

Comment

• siiiick bruh
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Made some tasty fucking huli huli chicken last night. General jist is chicken breasts cooked up then covered in some teriyaki slaw on top of a bed of jasmine rice with some grilled pineapple on the side with some tasty slaw.

easy, cheap, and tasty.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Hell yeah, it was lit.
                  You......Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Ingrid put a pork loin in the slow cooker. Garlic, soy sauce and some other things I forgot. Roasted some taters in the oven tossed in olive oil, rosemary, pepper and..cornstarch. supposed to add to crispness. Soaked em in water for 30 minutes prior. Smells good.

Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I'm putting a pork loin in the sous vide this weekend!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        I'm putting a pork loin in the sous vide this weekend!
                        The only way to cook a pork loin. Throw some garlic and rosemary in that bag and oh man so tastttty.

Made a killer chicken alfredo last night.

Cooked up two chicken breasts with standard spice rub. Finished in oven. Easy white sauce with cream and cheese. Finished with a bunch of lemon zest and some quickly sauteed mini peppers. OH SNAP SON.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                          Ingrid put a pork loin in the slow cooker. Garlic, soy sauce and some other things I forgot. Roasted some taters in the oven tossed in olive oil, rosemary, pepper and..cornstarch. supposed to add to crispness. Soaked em in water for 30 minutes prior. Smells good.

shit looked tasty man

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            The only way to cook a pork loin. Throw some garlic and rosemary in that bag and oh man so tastttty.

I cover it in chopped up rosemary, sage, thyme. Then squeeze in some lemon and garlic and seal it up overnight before I put it in the sous vide.

Comment

• This guy fucks.

Comment

• Sarah's parents got me this badass vacuum sealer from Food Saver. WAY better than my garbage Chinese knock off that cost like $18. This one has a place for the roll to be store, and a sliding blade to cut the bag even for you. And it stays sealed tight. Mine sucked and would ALWAYS lose seal in a couple hours. I made a shitty fucking steak in the sous vide, and the new sealer kept it tight overnight in the fridge then in the water while cooking.

Comment

Working...
                                X