Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My old one was fucking HUGE so maybe that's why. Shit had like 5 burners on that fucker, side burner, etc... was a gift from my pops after we got married. Unfortunately it's now deceased and I am in the market for a new one.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• My ma did get me a sweet hibachi grill for Christmas, just waiting to try that fucker out. My pops has one and I LOVE cooking on it.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Tried making salmon on the new grill last night. Seasoned the salmon with smoked sea salt, pepper, dill, and lemon slices. Put it on a big piece of foil, and let it sit in the grill for just short of 20 minutes. Best salmon I ever made. Perfectly cooked all the way through. Totally juicy and kept all the flavor. Never make the salmon in the skillet or oven again.

Comment

• grilled salmon is the besttttt

Comment

• Made bison burgers last night. Put in some breadcrumbs to keep the meat together, since it's so crumbly. Just seasoned with salt, pepper, then garlic and onion powder. I also got some bread from the farmers market, covered it in olive oil and some sea salt and tossed it on the grill. Sliced some of this mesquite smoked cheddar, and put it on the burger with some arugula and onion. So good.

Comment

• Sounds good man. Only had bison once but I remember it being tasty.

Also, What was the exact grill you got again? When you posted it above I swear there were a few of the same models on Amazon but I'm def in the market for a new one this year.

Comment

• https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This bad boy right here. It will get hot as hell since it's smaller. The bread I did toasted PERFECT at like 600 degrees.

Comment

• nice looking out man. you get the igrill stuff with it?

Comment

• so like does it come assembled or does a dude show up and do it for you?

Comment

• You schedule a time for the guy to come assemble. Dude was done in like 30 minutes. I haven't even had a chance to mess with iGrill, but it uses it.

Comment

• If it's cool to have someone build it for you if it's free but otherwise it's pretty easy to build yourself. The one I built was a slightly different model but still simple to do.

Comment

• Yeah, it's not difficult. But free is free!

Comment

• made some bomb ass fish tacos last night.

Finally have my technique on point for crispy, not greasy, and tasty fish tacos.

add some pickled shallots and some tasty slaw on top and oh snapppps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              made some bomb ass fish tacos last night.

Finally have my technique on point for crispy, not greasy, and tasty fish tacos.

add some pickled shallots and some tasty slaw on top and oh snapppps.
                              I should probably try my hand at that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• hella easy and hella cheap man

THINGS YOU NEED:
                                • medium saute pan
                                • tongs
                                • paper towels

INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
                                • 2 tilapia fillets
                                • canola oil
                                • shallot
                                • 2 limes
                                • package of slaw
                                • mayo
                                • sriracha
                                • flour tortillas
                                • tempura batter
                                • salt/pepper
                                • optional hot sauce
                                • optional cilantro (if you like cilantro)

Rinse your produce and dry it

Prepare your shit:
                                1. Halve and peel shallot. Slice into thin strips
                                2. Halve your limes and juice 3 of those halves. Cut the remaining one in half
                                3. OPTIONAL: Stem cilantro, leave leaves whole
                                4. Cut tilapia in to bite sized chunks (like 1"in or so, maybe 2" depending on preference). Season it with salt and pepper

Make slaw and pickled shallot:
                                1. Take sliced shallot and add 2 tablespoons of lime juice (I use more depending on much shallot I have) and a pinch or two salt in a bowl. Mix that shit up.
                                2. Take the slaw mix and put it in another bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of mayo, and at least 2 tsp of sriracha (more or less if you like it) with a pinch of salt. MIX IT.
                                3. Throw both of those bowls in the fridge until ready to eat.

Make the tempura batter:
                                • Combine 1/3 cup of tempura mix and 1/4 cup COLD water in a bowl. Add more water by the tablespoon until the consistency is thin. The thinner the batter the crispier and less greasy the finished fish will be.

Get ready for frytown:
                                • Add pan over medium high heat and add about 6-7 oz of canola oil.
                                • heat for at least 5 minutes
                                • Test oil by dropping a drop of tempura batter in. If it browns immediately turn down the heat and let the oil cool for a minute or two. If it doesn't brown at all, increase heat a bit.
                                • Wrap tortillas in damp pamper towel and place on a plate. This recipe makes about 6 tacos or so.

FRY FISH FRY
                                1. Line a plate with paper towels
                                2. Dip fish in batter to cover evenly.
                                3. Work in batches here: add pieces to oil carefully for about 2-3 mins a side. Use common sense. If shit is burning TAKE IT OUT. But 2-3 on each side works good on my end.
                                4. Transfer to plate. Salt lightly immediately.
                                5. Rinse. Repeat.

Warm tortillas (the lazy way):
                                1. When your last batch of fish is about to come out, throw the wrapped torillas in the microwave for like 45-60 seconds until warm.

PLATE THOSE BITCHES:
                                1. Fish
                                2. Slaw
                                3. Pickled shallot
                                4. cilantro (if you want)
                                5. squeeze lime wedges over tacos
                                6. add hot sauce if you're a fan. I'm fan of hot sauce.

EATTTTTTT THESE FUCKS. SO GOOD.

Comment

Working...
                                X