Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    made some tofu tacos last night.

Lesley liked them. I wasn't a fan. The pickled cabbage I made was tasty as was the sriracha/lime zest/mayo combo but I don't think the tofu was fried enough. oh well.
    I've never tried tofu. Probably should.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I never liked tofu, but Sarah marinated some then put it in the air fryer and it was alright.

Comment

• it's not terrible but it's all about how you cook it and use it since it's mostly tasteless.

I make a pretty tasty Hawaiian tofu dish
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• So pissed over dinner last night. Sarah got in kind of late, and she's going out with a friend tonight then I have my niece Friday and Saturday. So we decided to go to our favorite restaurant and get their pasta for our meal out together this week. It's simple as fuck but the most delicious pasta I've ever had. We get there and despite being a Wednesday and rainy and gross there was still an hour wait, which is usual on a Friday. But it was already 7:30 and I wasn't interested in not getting a table until fucking 8:30. The hostess tells us that their sister restaurant (this restaurant group owns like 4 of our favorites) has Wednesday pasta night including the dish we came to get.

It's only a 10 minute drive so I'm like alright, we're driving over there. We get there, order and it's awful. Just the fucking worst. The pasta was weirdly wet and like thick? At the primary joint every string of pasta is perfect, and not clumped together or anything. And it had zero flavor at all. Just awful all around for a super simple dish. I did have a good fucking beer though. But fuck we are pissed we burnt our dinner out this week and part of our free money budget on that shit.

Comment

• I know that pain man. There is something terrible about your favorite place fucking up your favorite food, especially if you're having a rough day before that.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Luckily it wasn't the actual favorite place, but their sister spot in the restaurant group. We may go Friday and enjoy the real deal.

Comment

• made an awesome blackened scallop and red pepper sauce pasta dish last night. tasty as fuckkkkk

Comment

• made a pretty tasty first try cast iron pizza. Sausage and garlic were the toppings. not bad.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• so we ended up trying another go at our cast iron pizza this weekend. This time we added mushrooms, jalapenos, and fresh basil (at the end). holy shit, I may be on to something here...it was so goddamn goooooood. And so goddamn cheeeeaaaapppp.

BDR PIZZA HERE I COME.

Comment

• tried again with the pizza. This time adding fennel with the sausage,mushrooms, garlic, and jalapenos.

soooooooo goooooooooooddddd mannnnnnnnnn

Comment

• made some tasty as fuck tofu with sweet chili/teriyaki sauce over a bed of jasmine rice last night.

fuck yeah.

Comment

• made some super tasty sweet chili shrimp over a bed of lime jasmine rice, arugula, and corn salsa.

mad tasty, mad easy, mad cheap.

Comment

• I got my new grill and took it for a first run last night. If anyone is interested I got a Weber Spirit II. Amazon was running a sale that included free assembly as well. So it was like $150 off plus that assembly.

So I made lamb kabobs with red and sweet onion and zucchini, seasoned with smoked sea salt, pepper, rosemary, and mint. Then I tossed some asparagus in olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary. Turned out pretty good. I should have cooked the kabobs a bit longer, and honestly the zucchini should have gone in earlier and cooked at least twice as long. But I cannot wait to grill on this thing all the time.

Comment

• it looks a bit small. Is it just the pics? I see multiple Spirit II's on amazon though. Also you getting that thermo probe with it? Or did it come with it?

Comment

Working...
                                X