Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did some thick pork chops sous vide style last night with some garlic rice.

Not bad, but a tad dry. Last time I did it at 140 it was a bit too pink and I wasn't a fan of the texture so I bumped it up to 144. Next time I'll try 142 and see if that works.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• our Apron box was delivered 2 days late (even though it stated it was delivered ontime) and the ice packs were melted. We thought our neighbor stole it. Bitched to Apron and got another refund. Whoever is delivering these is fucking up major and then fucks up our whole week.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Made pot roast in the slowcooker. Cola, chili sauce and garlic and 2.5# chuck roast. Not bad, but missing...something. We're going to try more garlic and some onion next time. Still, it was tasty and fucking easy, so yay!
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          our Apron box was delivered 2 days late (even though it stated it was delivered ontime) and the ice packs were melted. We thought our neighbor stole it. Bitched to Apron and got another refund. Whoever is delivering these is fucking up major and then fucks up our whole week.
          That's super weird. I would say someone is taking them as well. Mine only showed up late once, and it was on a Sunday instead of Saturday.

Comment

• yeah, in the last year this has only happened twice (including this one). The first time was over Christmas and due to the weather. Pretty sure this one was our neighbor being a dick because I'm trying to get him evicted for being a shitty dog owner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
              Made pot roast in the slowcooker. Cola, chili sauce and garlic and 2.5# chuck roast. Not bad, but missing...something. We're going to try more garlic and some onion next time. Still, it was tasty and fucking easy, so yay!
              nice. I would love to find a great pot roast recipe. I always want it, then I make it, and I'm always disappointed.

I also do not want some 15 hour recipe Martin....Find me something that is doable for normal humans with jobs and limited free time

Comment

• Whole Foods has a pasta sauce that my wife and I can eat AND tastes good: Rao's Sensitive Formula. No onions, no garlic, low sodium. I've been using this sauce for the past couple of weeks and it's awesome. Some other places carry Rao's but only Whole Foods has the sensitive formula (that I've found so far, anyways). Last night I browned up a pound of grass fed beef, cooked up some sweet potato spaghetti noodles, and made some amazing spaghetti.

Tonight, I'm going to cook up some pork chops (I fry them in coconut oil, and I bread them in almond/coconut/tapioca flour) and cover them with the rest of the red sauce.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• sounds tasty. does that flour make them crunchy or crispy?

Tonight I'm making a pork loin (currently marinating at home in some korean bbq sauce) via sous vide with some garlic rice.

Comment

sounds tasty. does that flour make them crunchy or crispy?
                    A little bit of both. I've gotten really good at doing this breading (shake and bake in a plastic bag) over the past couple of months, and chicken breasts and pork chops fry up nicely using either coconut oil or olive oil. Throw this spaghetti sauce over the meat afterwards and it's seriously uber chow.

But yeah, if you have a problem with onions or garlic, this sauce is the one to get. It's very flavorful.

http://www.raos.com/sensitive-sauce-case#.WHeqrRsrLb0
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

sounds tasty. does that flour make them crunchy or crispy?

Tonight I'm making a pork loin (currently marinating at home in some korean bbq sauce) via sous vide with some garlic rice.
                      Sousvide!!!! Dude, you gotta try ribs!

I did a beef roast in my Instant pot in red wine and onions. Shredded it, and a day later, but some pashed potatoes and baked that. Finished it with aged cheddar on top at broil. YUM.

God I love that little machine. Sous vide is cool and tastier, but pressure cooking is my game changer, as I can cook shit really fast.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• tell me more about this pressure cooker.

Comment

• https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-I...ds=instant+pot

It's fucking amazing.

Comment

• Made ribs in 40 minutes. Make pho in 30. Make rice in 2. Has a ton of features and is totally awesome.

Comment

• OK, will consider buying. Digging the concept.

Comment

• if you do, get through our links!

It's a tad overwhelming at first, but there are a lot of great resources on the web for it.

It's better than a slowcooker and like 10 times as fast. Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X