Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• made another batch of chicken pho with our instant pot this weekend. Ended up going to Whole Foods to get some quality fish sauce. I loved it however Lesley thought it was a bit too fish saucy for her taste. Figured next time we make this we'll just use the 1/4 c up it asks for and will just use extra salt for the broth if it needs it.

There is something awesome about an amazing broth being done in 40 mins. Hopefully will try some ribs here at some point.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• A pan fried sirloin smothered in Stilton, a baked potato. and a huge green salad.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Made a decent sesame chicken dish from apron last night. Added more spice and what not and it was pretty decent.

Also this is kind of neat.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I made that steak last night, and not bad. I put the peppercorn sauce on the potatoes and kale though. Tonight going to have that pasta.

Comment

• Steak is on board for tonight.

Comment

• The steak wasn't bad but those cuts were ass. One looked like it was 2 inches thick and the other one looked like someone ripped it from the cow with their fucking teeth.

Cooking time was fucked. But it was saved with that tasty fucking peppercorn sauce. That shit was great.

Tonight is the fettuccini dish and I'm looking forward to that.

Comment

• Yeah, their steaks are always lower quality. Which is fine, I just salt the fuck outta it and let it sit for a couple hours.

The fettucini is pretty good. I added a lot of red pepper flake and more pepper to it.

Comment

• their pasta dishes are always pretty great. I just love their cooking guide for their steaks.

"cook for 2-3 mins and then flip for 2-3 mins"

GTFO. To get those fucks to at least 120 it was like 12 fucking mins.

Comment

• Yeah I had to cook my steak for about 15 minutes.

Comment

• We have almost perfected our instant pot pho recipe using a combination of the recipe from serious eats and other ones found on the web.

Made it for new years eve and it was fucking GRUBBING. Hopefully gonna try some ribs here soon in it. I kind of love this thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        The fettucini is pretty good. I added a lot of red pepper flake and more pepper to it.
                        Fuck, that's what I forgot. The red pepper flake. I was bummed because my fennel burned even though it technically had like 8 more minutes left to roast. I had to toss most of it since I didnt' want it to ruin the flavor of the sauce.

Even without the addition of the pepper flakes/more fennel, it was pretty fucking tasty. Those roasted garlic breadcrumbs were really tasty and that lemon ricotta topping was the shitttt.

Comment

• currently have ribs in the pressure cooker. here's hoping they turn out ok.

Comment

• Yeah, these fucking things turned out AMAZING. 40 mins from fridge to mouthhole.

Used a dry rub that I made out of brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, and chinese red spice.

Threw them in the pressure cooker with 1/2 cup of this amazing Korean BBQ sauce and 1/2 cup of beef broth.

18 mins cooktime, 10 mins natural pressure release. Then glazed them with more bbq sauce and threw them under the broiler.

damn good.

Comment

• fucking annoyed because we were supposed to get Blue Apron this week and according to the website it was delivered, but we never got it. Either the delivery guy is full of shit or our neighbor took it. boooourns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                Yeah, these fucking things turned out AMAZING. 40 mins from fridge to mouthhole.

Used a dry rub that I made out of brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, and chinese red spice.

Threw them in the pressure cooker with 1/2 cup of this amazing Korean BBQ sauce and 1/2 cup of beef broth.

18 mins cooktime, 10 mins natural pressure release. Then glazed them with more bbq sauce and threw them under the broiler.

damn good.
                                Neat! Will try!

On the other end, try it sous vide!
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X