Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh man last night we had our second run through with a pork loin and the Anova. This one had been marinating in korean BBQ sauce and samba olek for over 24 hours. Gotdamn. SO GODDAMN GOOD. SO JUICY. Paired it with some garlic white rice using the recipe from blue apron. tasty as fuck.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• So Lesley liked your juicy loin?

Comment

• SHE LAPPED IT UP
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• did a quick test run with a cheap strip steak and the anova last night.

That shit was medium rare AS FUCK ALL THE WAY THROUGH. it was a bit disconcerting to see pink from top to bottom at first but oh man was it good. Can't wait to try it with a decent cut from the butcher.

Comment

• Ended up picking up 2 amazing 2 in thick strip steaks this weekend from the butcher. Fuckers were expensive and amazing when cooked with the anova. Oh man. I'm getting closer to the perfect temp/timing for these.

Ended up making a gnocchi dish last night. Not terrible but the mushrooms were got (dried shiitake that we reconstituted) were not good. Oh well.

Comment

• a terrible black rice bowl with some bullshit.

ended up making a pb and j sammich instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                Ended up picking up 2 amazing 2 in thick strip steaks this weekend from the butcher. Fuckers were expensive and amazing when cooked with the anova. Oh man. I'm getting closer to the perfect temp/timing for these.

Ended up making a gnocchi dish last night. Not terrible but the mushrooms were got (dried shiitake that we reconstituted) were not good. Oh well.
                Perfect temp is easy once you know what you like. Me, it's 135. Medium-rare.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• yeah, it said 130 and it was a bit too rare for my likes. It was good but I think a few more degrees would definitely help. Did another pork loin last night because we didn't have much time to make dinner. Did it at 140 like suggested but it too was a bit too pink for my tastes. Going to start adding a few more degrees during my next cooks to see if that helps. Also need to grab a vacuum sealer here soon.

You have one Martin? If so, what brand and do you like it?

Comment

• I had a Foodsaver that I got at Costco way back then. It's not necessary though. the plastic bath is.

But it's cool, but I barely use it to save food now.

Comment

• Yeah, I have to grab the plastic bath thing still. At the moment I'm just using the water displacement technique for my food, but everything I read say that a vacuum sealer ends up producing better tasting food in the end.

Comment

• ended up having the Italian wedding soup and some awesome pasta dish from Apron this week. Good stuff.

Comment

• I had the pasta last night. It was awesome.

Comment

• yeah, we were apprehensive because it looked so boring and bland.

It was mad good.

Comment

• I made my first sous-vide ribs. Jesus fucking Christ.

Used a rub, and let that rest for a day. Then, packed it sous-vide. Cooked for 14 hours at 165, which was for meaty yet tender texture. Once finished, at 10am, I put it in cold water to stop the cooking. At 5pm, light up the BBQ, and grilled those ribs while adding some wood chips to add smokiness.

Goddamn best ribs ever.

Comment

• For having a billion ingredients, the pork meatball italian wedding soup from blue apron has zero flavor.

Comment

Working...
                                X