Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spicy hoisin chicken was good as hell. I feel like it's the fourth time they've sent it, and honestly I'd take it every month.

Comment

• We have the cod sammich tonight and the hoisin stuff tomorrow probably. It is indeed the goods.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I added more red pepper flake to mine. Because I am an asshole.

Comment

• nah, every recipe gets extra spices from me. They never spice enough. It's so whitebread in that regards.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Totes. Damn crackers.

Comment

• cod sammichs were pretty good but GTFO with that endive salad shit. Sick of how they want me to pour fucking VINEGAR in every fucking dish lately. GTFO with that nasty shit that does nothing but makes everything taste like fucking vinegar.

NO. STOP. FUCK YOU VINEGAR.

Comment

• Endive is gross. I skipped it and got the pizza...but they forgot the cheese! So I will grab some this weekend and make it.

Comment

• First of all, those boxes have to be kind of bland to appeal to many people. Second, it just strikes me as trendy, meh food anyway. I'd rather cook my own recipes and try things that appeal to me by reading recipes and saying to myself "that looks yummy."

However, I've been cooking since I was about 7 years old.
                  Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• nah, these boxes have been a godsend. I've tried so many new ingredients and types of food that I never would have without it. But with the good comes the meh.

We get 3 meals a week. Have been doing this for a few months. Have had MAYBE like 6 meals I wasn't a fan of. Lesley's had less.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLynnCarr View Post
                      Second, it just strikes me as trendy, meh food anyway.
                      Not at all. You'll get oddball vegetables from time to time, but the main courses have been pretty typical meals. And I am with Rob. I love cooking, but this is a godsend. I don't have to think about, or find recipes, or go digging around the grocery store.

Comment

• I love cooking, but I hate cooking after working all fucking day at a job that drains me. This at least ensures I'm not eating shitty food every night stuffed with sodium and bad stuff.

Comment

• I can't even do that. I have to cook EVERYTHING on Sunday or I won't mess with it at all during the week.

Comment

• the only stuff I cook in bulk for the week are our lunches.

Comment

• Mom's beef stew recipe. Mainly for the wife, who loves it. I dig it too, but it could definitely use something. Some herbs, maybe. The only flavoring agents in it currently are onion soup mix and Gravy Master. Maybe just some added salt and pepper?

Any suggestions for herbs I could use?
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Always the standby of sage and rosemary?

Comment

Working...
                                X