Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well for one the thermal bag wasn't sealed properly so things weren't necessarily as cold as they should have been. I legit don't know what I'm having this week. We got three weird cardboard boxes with holes cut in them that I guess has all of the ingredients you need BUT what was fucking weird (at least to me) was as I was putting these 3 boxes in to the fridge a fully peeled clove of garlic fell out of one of the boxes. The recipes were half assed (not like Apron's thicker cardstock) and this is more expensive than Apron.

I told Lesley based on the fact the bag was retarded and ingredients were falling out of the fucking box that I'm already over it.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah, fuck that. The thermal bag not being done up well would end it for me, with how hot it is.

Comment

• We did Hello Fresh for like a month. I was not a fan. The meals were by and large fucking WEIRD. Like pork chops with grape salsa. I'll repeat that: GRAPE. SALSA. My wife kept losing the recipes, and was too busy to cook them anyway, or to eat with me if I did. But she wanted to try them, and asked me not to make any of them if she wasn't around. So I ended up not cooking many of them, and we threw a good number of them out. I warned her that subscribing to this plan was not a good idea given how totally fucking unpredictable her schedule was. The kid also was NOT having grape salsa and shit like that. I personally don't like the idea of meals I didn't select being rammed down my throat. On the hierarchy of hated chores, food shopping is waaaaaaaaay down the list, so the convenience factor isn't even a thing for me, and in no way outweighs the cons.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• grape salsa sounds awesome man. LIVE A LITTLE.

I love these subscriptions because I hate trying to figure out a healthy meal every day that isn't just constant chicken breasts. We've had Apron for a few months and having 3 different meals every week only has resulted in maybe 4-5 meals that I wasn't a fan of. Thanks to Apron we've added a grip of new recipes to our rotation.

Last night I opened the box for our first meal and all of the fucking produce was bad. Threw it all away. Fuck Hello Fresh. Apron4Lyfe.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• oh man made those goddamn korean tacos again last night and they are legit one of my favorite new dishes.

Comment

• recipe?
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• seconded. Tired of hearing about them...gimme the recipe, please.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• You guys could try Pinterest, you know! They have a lot of kick-ass recipes on there.
                  Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Originally posted by JLynnCarr View Post
                    You guys could try Pinterest, you know! They have a lot of kick-ass recipes on there.
                    I don't have a vagina, so no Pinterest for me.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• had a decent Vietnamese steak with mint salad over garlic rice last night from Hello Fresh.

That being said, once this box is done, I'm done with that service. Not a fan.

Comment

• I had some crispy cod with udon noodles and ginger last night and it was legit.

Comment

• Had this thing. It was amazeballs.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Man. I love Schlotzky's.

Comment

• That fucking sangwish was a revelation to my tum tum bro. I mean, I loved Schlotzky's before what with the soups and sangwishes and what not but that thing is the fucking truth.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• made some spicy chicken and veggies with rice dish from Apron last night. Pretty tasty. The roasted chickpeas were a bit odd mixed with the rice in my opinion though. tonight is STEAMED PORK BUNS

cannot wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X