Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    We tried Chick Fil A for the first time last night. Not bad!
    Howard would not be pleased.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• this amazing homemade ramen

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• first time using black garlic as well. Such a weird fucking consistency and taste. The broth was a bit lacking in my opinion but that's what happens when the broth only takes like 10 mins to make.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
          Howard would not be pleased.
          yep. I would love to try that place but fuck those people. My moms would not be happy .

Comment

• If the broth for your ramen was only miso and water, you might want to try using dashi next time. I got that from a Japanese cook on NHK World on a show called "Dining with the Chef".
            Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• the broth was actually water, soy sauce, ponzu sauce, seseme oil, black garlic, ginger, shittake mushrooms and some salt and pepper. The problem for me was that it needed more spice.

Comment

• You could add some red pepper flakes next time, then. Or better yet, replace the sesame oil with chili oil.
                Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• yep yep! Great minds think alike! That's what I told Lesley I'd do if we made this again.

Comment

• made some chicken burgers with hoison mayo from Blue Apron.

not bad.

Comment

• Having those tonight. The cod/purple potato/peppers thing was legit. I'd toss some red pepper flake in if you have it.

Comment

• skipped the fish this week, have the quesadillas for tonight.

Not sure if it was normal but beware, the chicken mixture is LIQUIDY as fuck and made it incredibly difficult to get the "patties" in the pan. Once they were in there it was fine but try to get all of the oil out of the aromatics before you mix them in. I think that was the issue.

Comment

• I cooked the patties and the potatoes Sunday, but yes. Agreed. I had that issue with them being liquidy, so I just kind of got them together and tossed right into the hot skillet and formed them a big more in there.

Comment

• Had a great meal last night from Apron. It was a peppers/shallot quesadilla topped with lime crema, fried egg, and a cilantro/tomato salsa.

Didn't think I'd dig it since there wasn't any meat in it, but it was great. That being said we both agreed that we'd do the same thing next time but add some shredded chicken or something in there.

Comment

• Shit that sounds good.

Comment

• it really was.

Comment

Working...
                                X