Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    Lesley made our first Blue Apron meal last night. Salmon with some salad thing. Not a fan. She made it really well but it just didn't work for me. Not a huge fan of cooked salmon I guess. Prefer it via sushi.
    Salmon is best left barely cooked IMHO but everyone has differing levels of taste in regards to fish.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• For sure.

Last night's Blue Apron was a disaster but no worries because I made some killer peanut butter and jelly sammichs.

TOnight is the lamb dinner which to be honest, I'm not looking forward to because the finished product picture looks like diarrhea served on couscous
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• So the lamb dinner was fucking gross. Lesley loved it but I was not a fan, at all.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I liked it. Do you use too much water in it? I added some sriacha and it was great.

Comment

• I am not a fan of couscous nor the spices used mainly because it smelled and tasted like christmas.

It was cooked perfectly as the sauce was thick enough but the texture of the stew and the couscous was NOT GOOD

Comment

• so that's 0 for 3 for blue apron for me this week.

Next week's haul looks better but if it goes like this again then fuck it. I can make better food for cheaper and at least I'll eat it haha.

Comment

• Miso glazed wings with a purple rice and zucchini salad from Blue Apron.

Finally, a meal that was actually tasty.

Comment

• Had the steakhouse salmon last night from blue apron.

Again, not a fan. Lesley liked it though.

Comment

so that's 0 for 3 for blue apron for me this week.

Next week's haul looks better but if it goes like this again then fuck it. I can make better food for cheaper and at least I'll eat it haha.
                    We did a competitor (Hello Fresh) for a couple weeks. I liked maybe two of the meals. I would never cook or order most of this shit left to my own devices (savory pork chops with red grape salsa? Really?). I would like it so much more to plan, shop for, and prepare my own meals.
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Made the shit outta this last night. SO GODDAMN GOOD. LOOK AT MY EGG SKILLS.

Comment

Made the shit outta this last night. SO GODDAMN GOOD. LOOK AT MY EGG SKILLS.
                        Made this again this weekend. This is my fucking jam now. So goddamn easy, quick, and filling without being terrible for you.

Also made spicy hoisin turkey meatballs with zucchini and brown rice last night. That shit was mad tasty.

Comment

• Made a steak with some peas and roasted potatoes last night via BlueApron. Not bad but that steak was a shitty cut. Especially when it was supposed to feed 2 people.

Tonight is the ramen dish which should be great so long as I can cook the softboiled egg right. Those fucks are a bitch.

Comment

• The way I make softboiled eggs is that I take a room temperature egg and place it in boiling water for 6 minutes and then pull it out. Works every time.
                            Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• that seems to be what I need to do. Except once I take it out I need to throw it in an ice bath to stop the cooking.

Comment

• We tried Chick Fil A for the first time last night. Not bad!
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X