Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JLynnCarr View Post
    2 thin layers of cake each with a layer of meringue sprinkled with coconut & slivered almonds on top and baked. You take the 1st layer & slather it with whipped cream and put your choice of fruit (I love strawberries & bananas on it), put the 2nd layer on it and do the same. Dense, rich cake, crunchy meringue, creamy whipped cream & sweet fruit. What's not to love?
    oh my GOD why have I never had this.
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• 'Cause your mother wasn't half Swiss and her mother taught her to make it?

I'll post the recipe on the "oven" in the near future.
      Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        Lemon pound cake is also like heroin. Just a lesser grade heroin than cheese cake.
        White people who know the difference, this is the bakery they come to.

Tonight it was breaded (TWICE breaded) pork chops, broccoli & Knorr Spanish rice. Ketchup on tghe chops, Crazy Uncle Jester's Habanero Luisiana hot sauce on the rice. Hit the SPOT.
        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com/20...rumsticks.html

Made these last night. Tasty as hell, but hooooooly fuck are they spicy. I mean, I don't think I would even toss in the pinch of cayenne it calls for, and maybe even cut back a little on the orange juice.

Comment

• took Lesley out for drinks and a ton of sushi, steamed buns filled with shrimp tempura, and some amazing pork belly grilled over charcoal. soooooo gooooooddddd
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Made green chile hominy casserole last night.

http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com/20...le-recipe.html

Fucking outstanding. I made it like 2 years ago, and totally forgot about it. I think next time though I will cut the chorizo in half, if I use it at all. Between the cheese and the chorizo it was sooooooo greasy. Barbara ended up breaking Fritos up in it to make it crunchy. I might use turkey next time.

Comment

• Made some amazing baked tilapia the other night. Melted some butter in a bowl and mixed in some garlic. Then put a shit load of oldbay/pepper/cayenne pepper in some panko crumbs. dredged that shit in butter first then in panko then baked those fucks for like 15 mins.

so goddamn good and easy.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Made green chile hominy casserole last night.
                  I might use turkey next time.

BLASPHEMY!

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Made surf and turf last night: Whole Foods had lobster tail on sale, so I bought two and a nice steak for us to share. Everything came out perfectly.

CHOW!
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Took Lesley to Masu and gorged on grilled pork belly, shrimp tempura steamed buns, and amazing sushi.

Comment

• Love Masu. We eat at the MOA location whenever we're there. The main bartender there knows us and hooks us up. Great restaurant.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I hate you people with enough money to go out to eat right now. I had a margherita pizza from Trader Joes. Which was actually super fuckin good, but still it ain't no AZN FOOD.
                          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Went to the wife's favorite place, the Cheesecake Factory on Saturday. She talked me into getting some chili roja beef thing that was dull & lifeless. The cilantro rice was also cold & vapid. The black beans were the best thing on the plate. Very disappointed. But as the name implies, they do know how to make cheesecake; the dulce de leche cheesecake was the bomb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shit Dickface View Post
                              I hate you people with enough money to go out to eat right now. I had a margherita pizza from Trader Joes. Which was actually super fuckin good, but still it ain't no AZN FOOD.
                              Don't feel bad bro. We had chilli cheese dogs. BAD chilli cheese dogs and my guts is gone.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Shit Dickface View Post
                                Which was actually super fuckin good, but still it ain't no AZN FOOD.
                                Tomorrow I am attempting to make pork fried rice on my own. I am sure it's going to be a shit show.

Comment

Working...
                                X