Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lesley's baked mac and cheese covered with bacon and panko, some thickass porkchops, buttery rolls, and salad. All washed down with some Surly Furious. Fuck yeah. Fuck yeah so much.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• We had our traditional Christmas dinner of prime rib (done just right by my mother), mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, pickled beets, gravy and bread. Also had a massive dessert buffet of various home-made cookies (none done by me this year) and store-bought cookies, cheesecake (store bought), chocolates, home-made coconut/buttercream jelly roll cake (made by my sister) and various Italian pastries.
      Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Shrimp gumbo. SOOOOO GOOOOOD
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Bit behind on this, but let me describe X-mas dinner: I brined a turkey, Alton Brown style. I pop it in the oven about noon, guesstimating/extrapolating from the cooking time in the recipe the time necessary for this larger bird. My wife and all my in law's were tres' skeptical that I'd get it cooked by our dinner ETA of 3 PM. Perhaps that's why they bought 3 turkey breasts prepared at her sisters' houses? Or maybe it was the 40 people we had to feed. No matter, because I pulled that bad boy out at 3 PM w/ a thermometer confirmed temp well in the safe range, and it got to rest nearly an hour, as dinner got pushed back to 4 PM. My BiL carved, & he & I went to TOWN on the skin, which absorbed the brine sooooooo well. He confessed he doubted me, and was very impressed I pulled this off.

Then the fucking bastards didn't put it out, putting the breasts out instead. Other than me & my BiL who bypassed the warming tray full of pedestrian breast meat (and my niece & son, who attacked the drumsticks), none of the guests got to enjoy the brined bird until leftovers the next night. And it STILL rocked the enxt day, reheated in a microwave. Later in the week I will prepare a pork roast & gravy.
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• a footlong turkey and provolone on wheat from Subway despite there being a much better sandwich place right across the street from it

hate myself
            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Broiled tilapia filet and roasted Brussels sprouts. I feel so healthy! Now who wants a cheeseburger?
              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I love brussel sprouts. Love em.
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Hospital food fucking sucks.

Comment

• Tonight I am making a breakfast supper. We had so many left-over groceries in the freezer from new years day (not even leftovers, just stuff I bought but didn't make because people weren't nearly as hungry as I thought they would be) I thought I would be creative.

I am thinking of doing sausage sandwiches with french toast made from thick rye bread with sides of bacon and hashbrowns. I am not sure I will be around tomorrow to post about the results, but FUCKING SAUSAGE.
                    <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Breakfast Supper is awesome. I've made bacon and eggs many times for dinner to great spousal acclaim.

Last night: salmon with broccoli and mashed potatoes. CHOW.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Billy, your hospital need the kitchen that my hospital had. The food was rather decent. Though, I'm probably biased because after 2 days of no food, they put me on clear liquids and I thought that the broth tasted like heaven. When I went onto full liquid, the cream soups were lovely and when I got a real breakfast I just about celebrated (pancakes and they were good.).

Last night's dinner was an egg over hard with salt & pepper on an English muffin with cheddar cheese.
                        Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Made badass venison chili last night. Was sooooooooo good.

Comment

• You shoot the deer yourself?
                            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                              You shoot the deer yourself?
                              Naw, took it from my dad's fucking end of the world stash of meat.

Comment

• a 6oz. filet medium rare, 1/2 pound snow crab legs, garlic taters, and beer.

it was glorious.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X