Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truth, however I had my dinner with an empty house. No kids no wife, even the dog was in the back yard. Silence was enjoyed along with the food.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• So yours was a nice night in, which most of the time is really just as great!
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
        Truth, however I had my dinner with an empty house. No kids no wife, even the dog was in the back yard. Silence was enjoyed along with the food.
        And then he masturbated until thine well run dryeth.

Comment

• And by "and then" he means during.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Made beef stir fry, pretty good but I let the beef get a little overcooked.

Comment

• Made my tasty red sauce but substituted turkey sausage for hot Italian sausage. Couldn't really taste a difference but saved a ton of calories, so yay for us.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• So, believe it or not, George's neighborhood has practically no Chinese places to go to. There was one that was our favorite, but then it closed up for over a year - we didn't know if they went out of business or renovated or what. And then the only other place besides that was this shitty little hole in the wall place that we'd only go to if we were desperate. Anyway, the good place reopened - new management, but apparently the same cooks, so we were thrilled to have our really really GOOD Chinese food back!
                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Good Chinese food is hard to find in any town. I'm lucky to have one nearby (less than 5 mins. by auto).
                  Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Originally posted by JLynnCarr View Post
                    Good Chinese food is hard to find in any town. I'm lucky to have one nearby (less than 5 mins. by auto).
                    Houston's "Chinatown" (there are two) is bigger than NYC or SF, and it's not just Chinese. Pick any Asian cuisine and you'll find 3 in one strip center. Bellaire Drive is the place to be. Outside of that area though? Good luck, it's buyer beware.

Comment

• Well, that's kind of the other thing that's nice about this place - not only is it the same really good Chinese food, but they added Thai and Japanese to the menu as well. So next weekend, I'm going to try their sushi rolls to see how they compare to the really awesome place in my neighborhood.

Comment

• We have a place like that in Jackson, but haven't tried it yet. I'm dying to have a Bento Box. New thing. Gotta try it at least once in my life.

Also, when we go visit Tim's brother in CA, I want to see if my sister by marriage will take me for Korean food.

Comment

• I love Bento Boxes! And Korean food is aces - try Bibimbap if you get to have some!

Comment

• God yes Lisa, I love a good place that mixes up the menu. We have a small chain called Sushihana that does Chinese, Sushi, and Thai. SO GOOD.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLynnCarr View Post
                              We have a place like that in Jackson, but haven't tried it yet. I'm dying to have a Bento Box. New thing. Gotta try it at least once in my life.

Also, when we go visit Tim's brother in CA, I want to see if my sister by marriage will take me for Korean food.
                              I was taken to a really good Korena joint in Fort Ree. Wish I could remember what it was called, but there's so damn many of them up there, you could probably wander into any one of them & find some good chow.

And the Trader Joe's frozen bibimbap bowl is pretty damned tasty in its own right.
                              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Bibimbap is exactly what I want to try. I've watched many episodes of "The Kimchee Chronicles" on PBS. I figure Jhae will know where all the good places are in CA.

I LOVE trying new foods. It's an adventure.

My big foreign food is actually a cookie from Switzerland called "Braetzeli". I make my grandma's recipe in her iron. They're kind of like pizzelles.

Comment

Working...
                                X