Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's shepards pie for stoners.

1 lb of beef cooked
    2 cans of creamed corn
    and a fuckton of homemade garlic mashed potatoes.

beef----corn---potatoes

Then you get the tops of the potatoes all crispy under the broiler...soo good
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Don't worry Lisa, I haven't celebrated my birthday during the week EVER. Going into work hungover is no bueno.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
        It's shepards pie for stoners.

1 lb of beef cooked
        2 cans of creamed corn
        and a fuckton of homemade garlic mashed potatoes.

beef----corn---potatoes

Then you get the tops of the potatoes all crispy under the broiler...soo good
        It sounds fabulous except for creamed corn, but that's just my personal dislike. Regular corn would be amazing! And the rest of it sounds nom!
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• We used regular corn last time by accident and it's a bit too dry. I'd recommend a normal can of corn and maybe a half can of creamed.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Hmmm.... Perhaps...
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• The idea is to have a bowl of "slop" when done. Everything needs to mix together into a grayish mass of food. Without cream corn you just have potatoes meat and corn in a neat bowl.

Comment

• Can you add gravy and regular corn? That would give you the moistness without having to use creamed corn.

Again, that's just me! If you like creamed corn, then I'll just be quiet!

Comment

• I'm not a huge fan of cream corn but it works in that recipe. Try it Lisa, besides if you hate it you can blame rob and I can laugh.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                    Can you add gravy and regular corn? That would give you the moistness without having to use creamed corn.

Again, that's just me! If you like creamed corn, then I'll just be quiet!
                    I say add regular corn and some crumbled white cheese and/or mayo. Basically toss in elote with it.

Comment

• Korean fried chicken was fucking AWESOME.

Regular fried chicken was meh. Bland. And I'd need a recipe where I can finish the chicken in the oven after deepfrying it, as my fryer is too small to make a huge batch, so it's sucks.

Vin, I need help!
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        Korean fried chicken was fucking AWESOME.

Regular fried chicken was meh. Bland. And I'd need a recipe where I can finish the chicken in the oven after deepfrying it, as my fryer is too small to make a huge batch, so it's sucks.

Vin, I need help!
                        *kicks in door and puts two rounds into the face of your bland chicken*

CLEAR!

Just kidding... but fried chicken is a tricky beast. I do have an oven-fried chicken recipe that I rarely use because I don't have hipster friends in Philly anymore. Still, I thought it was pretty good, so I've the feeling you will as well, since we're kind of simpatico on the foods we enjoy.

Vin's Faux Fried Chicken

3 cups corn flakes, crushed down to 1 cup
                        2 eggs
                        1 teaspoon smoked paprika
                        1/2 teaspoon salt
                        1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
                        1/4 teaspoon Old Bay™
                        1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
                        1 generous squirt of hot sauce
                        3 to 3 1/2 lb cut-up whole chicken, skin removed

1: Heat oven to 400°F. Spray rack in broiler pan with cooking spray.

4: In shallow bowl, place crushed cereal. In another shallow bowl, beat remaining ingredients (except chicken!) with fork until well blended. Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture; coat with cereal. Place on rack in broiler pan.

Ching Chong Potato: Bake for 45-50 minutes or until thermometer stuck in meat reads 180 degrees.

Comment

• Oven fried chicken isn't bad, especially if you're making a TON of it for a big dinner. But nothing compares to the real deal.

Comment

• Oh, I agree... but I dealt with people who had "dietary concerns".

And by "dietary concerns", I mean "pain in my godsdamned ass".

So rather than paint my walls with their blood, I decided to compromise... and while it's not proper fried chicken, it's about as good as I can make it without prepping the deep fryer.

Comment

• If your dietary concerns won't let you have fried chicken then don't fucking eat fried chicken. You're too nice Vin. I need a deep fryer, I just do old school cast iron skillet and god is it a pain sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                You're too nice Vin.
                                I know... I get that a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X