Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My chicken cacciotore with some kind of pasta my wife picked out, that sucked (slippery, hollow, smooth, Beefaroni like pasta that kept sliding off the fork; annoying as fuck) and cheap, $.88/jar pasta sauce (which she also picked out) that was all watery & slid off the pasta. She did make a killer sausage & mozzarella bread, however, so all is forgiven. Also a green salad w/ roasted garlic viniagrette..
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Made pork chops for the first time in my adult life. Put some Italian bread crumbs on them and baked them, pretty good but I needed to season them before. Leftover mac n cheese from last night and a bunch of steamed veggies.

Comment

• Made gumbo...

Not a big hit.

It's off the list.

Comment

• Shrimp or chicken? We made gumbo a while back mixing shrimp and chicken both, ended up being damn good.

Comment

• Cut some onion and garlic up, put in some seasoned cubed boneless pork chops, and sausage then added rotel, cream of mushroom, some off brand velveeta type cheese, add a dash of Frank's Red Hot and came out with this....

Served it over a bed of rice and tortilla's and it looked like this.....

MUCH better than it looks imho.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Naw, that shit looks cash money. I bet it would be AMAZING at 3am with a proper buzz.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                Made gumbo...

Not a big hit.

It's off the list.
                Screw you,I'm eating the leftovers today!
                “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”

Comment

• Josh,that looks yummy,just like the kind of foods I hibernate with in the Winter.
                  “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”

Comment

• I think it would be a slight bit better with a "mexican" rice instead of the boil in bag of white I used but sometimes you cook with what you got because the grocery store don't deliver. And yeah 3 am Immalittletoodrunkfood for sure.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• THIS.

sooo gooood
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Gotta side with Vin on this one - I'm not a fan of gumbo at all.
                        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                          THIS.

sooo gooood
                          Nice. You should take recipe's from all the users every once in a while and spotlight their recipe's too. Add to the longevity of that section on the main page.

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                          Gotta side with Vin on this one - I'm not a fan of gumbo at all.
                          Many different types of gumbo, some suck and some are SUPERNOM. Maybe you haven't had a type that suits your palate.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                            Many different types of gumbo, some suck and some are SUPERNOM. Maybe you haven't had a type that suits your palate.
                            I've had many different types (including gumbo made while visiting the French Quarter in New Orleans), and haven't liked any of it.

Maybe different types of gumbo just don't suit my palate!
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Could be. All I can say is different folks/strokes and all that. But I'll say this, there IS shitty gumbo made in the French Quarter too. Location does not necessarily amount to competence. Most of the "good" gumbo's I've ever had were thrown together by people who did not use "recipe's" and measuring utensils. But again, if the taste doesn't suit you, it just doesn't suit you.

Comment

• Lisa, come to Houston so I can take you to BB's Cajun Cafe. Fuck the gumbo, we will feast on poboy's and Tex Cajun Virgin.

Comment

Working...
                                X