Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chili powder goes with lots of things. Tuna is not one of those things.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Yep. And actually I was t hinking about taking the tuna and the soup and mixing it with some seasoning, then boiling the large shells and stuff them with the mixture. Then cover with cheese and bake
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• That sounds a little more interesting. All comes down to type of seasoning (I'm assuming since you're using Tuna and a Cream of "" soup that you'll be using a bread crumb stuffing to hold it all together).
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• Well, he said he was stuffing them into shells. It would be redundant to use breadcrumbs if you're using giant pasta shells.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Cook often Ed? Seriously. If you want your mixture to stay in the shells, then it's going to need something to keep it all together. Hence the stuffing/breadcrumbs. Tuna and Cream of "" Soup is going to be not "sticky" enough for the large shells.

Comment

• Oh yeah, I thought the cheese would hold it together. but he's using it as a topping.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                Yep. And actually I was t hinking about taking the tuna and the soup and mixing it with some seasoning, then boiling the large shells and stuff them with the mixture. Then cover with cheese and bake
                Add a cup of cottage cheese, it sounds redonculous, but it will work. And add more cheese, I have no idea how much you're adding but I'm sure it can use more. :-)

Also bread crumbs over the top and baking it add some nice texture.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I wouldn't use cottage cheese but that would definitely give it the sticky factor to stay in the shells. Of course you now have to get over the vileness factor from using cottage cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hbarr View Post
                    I wouldn't use cottage cheese but that would definitely give it the sticky factor to stay in the shells. Of course you now have to get over the vileness factor from using cottage cheese.
                    That's why you add a shit ton more of whatever other cheese you're using.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I've been using my cast iron skillet all the damn time.

Last night was some kickass redpepper shrimp fajitas. Good stuff. So fucking good.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• OMG they were tasty!
                        If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• You're cleaning that skillet the right way, aren't you? LOVE cast iron skillets. Too many people don't know how to cook with them properly.

Comment

• Indeed. Hot water only after it's cooled. Then towel dry, then spray on some vegetable oil and wipe away excess. Never any soap. EVER.

Comment

• Good Rob. Also, NEVER boil water in that skillet. If you go periods with not using, don't put a lid on the skillet (moisture can build and then you have a rust issue). If your food is sticking in the pan, then you need to reseason the skillet. Hopefully this last one goes without saying but keep a pair of oven mitts handy. Those handles are deceptive sons of bitches.

Comment

• As we don't have a lid for it at the moment, I just keep a paper towel on it, so there should be enough airflow so no rust. I really just want a bigger one now. Made some thick peppered bacon in it a few days ago, and oh snaps. So fucking good. I never want to use anything but my skillet.

Comment

Working...
                                X