Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh jesus christ on a pogo stick I made burgers last night that brought a tear to my eye. I was able to score fresh hamburger buns at the grocery store bakery, and when I was making the patties I decided I wanted to REALLY spice up the meat. So I put in my hamburger seasoning and all my blue cheese, then added a metric fuck ton of cayenne to it. Mashed it all together, seasoned a bit more, cooked it a PERFECT medium, juicy as a motherfucker. I spent 10 minutes deciding between mayo or southwest sauce, but ultimately went with mayo, and top the burger with avocado and onions I grilled in the burger grease. Downed it with a St. Arnold's Spring Bock then jizzed all up on my shit.

Tonight I make milanesa tortas. YEEEEEEEEEES

Comment

• Sushi from Costco. We were there and they had a plate of 18 pieces for something like $7. Not bad, but definitely not restaurant quality. I think we're gonna get some real sushi this weekend.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I just made the best goddamned pizza ever. And I tried a recipe from Kenji Lopez, my new culinary god (I posted about his burger recipes).

And it's by far the easiest recipe I've done. The preparation is minimal: it's all done in a food processor, and not by hand or mixer. What does it do? It allows the yeast to combine way faster. And it takes 1 minute!

All you need to do is make the pizza dough at least a day in advance in the fridge, even 3 days is better, as the dough will ferment even more and will be more cripsy and bubbly. After that you just need to take it out, make a ball, and let it rest 2 hours before stretching it. That's it. And it's preferable to use a pizza stone.

Another tip he gave was freezing your grated cheese 15 to 30 minutes before using it. The crust will have more time to crisp up before the cheese golden up.

The sauce was as easy. I'll post the whole thing if needed or requested.

It was restaurant-grade pizza. Damn.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Just made milanesa tortas. Here you are...

Those fries are homemade and twice fried, so they were perfectly crispy outside and creamy inside. I covered them in Tony's for some spicy bite to it. What cannot be seen on the torta is the southwest sauce and avocados. This shit was cash money.

Comment

• MOTHERFUCKER

RECIPE PLEASE

I LOVE YOU
            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Made tacos last night. Nothing major. Tasty though.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I got in late from SMC because I had to go talk to a counselor about finishing up my workload for a transfer to either UCLA or CSULA, and after riding three buses and getting home at 9P, I walked in to find both Chris and Kathleen cooking. I was about to get pissy because I hadn't eaten since noon, but I was offered a burrito.

I took it. Huge mistake.

I should have just walked upstairs and thrown it straight in the toilet.
                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

• My sympathies, dude.

Comment

• Where was the burrito from? Taco Bell or Freebirds? If it was Taco Bell, well you deserved it. You knew the bullet you were taking. I've also discovered that taco truck burritos are not to be trusted.

Comment

• No, it was one that Chris made. It was just a fucking disaster. I should have cottoned to how crappy it was when I took the first bite and found out that it was A) made with ground beef - and not just ground beef, but one of those awful chubby packages of ground beef (you know, the shitty cylindrical stuff that's probably half rat turds and sawdust), and B) the "spanish rice" was just white rice with Pace salsa mixed in.

I've never been so legitimately angry over free food.

~

Comment

• Ground beef burritos are fine if you're using decent beef and know how to season it, but wtf rice and pace? Were there even refried beans in this abortion?

Comment

• No beans. I'd have been less offended if she had dropped trou and squeezed out a link onto a flour tortilla and handed it to me than when I bit into this monstrosity.

~

Comment

• I know all my posts about this read like "Welcome to BDR: We have strong opinions about largely trivial shit!" but this was baaaaaaaaad.

~

Comment

• It's the trivial shit that makes us who we are, man. Now, shit in this tortilla for me so I can put some enchilada sauce on top.

Comment

• [Puts on veddy propah British Butler accent]: Red or green enchilada sauce, sah?

Edited to add: Food, being one of life's finer pleasures as well as a necessary staple of our existence, is NEVER trival.

Ever.
                                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Working...
                                X